Divi Heritage vs Divi Southwinds Beach Resort

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2004, 11:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stayed at either of these properties? The calm waters of the St.James makes Heritage sound appealing, but using facilities at Almond Beach, is it close by?? or a hassle? Any info is appreciated.
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 12:26 PM

I don't know if you made your decision yet .... but Divi Heritage is not a property for eveyone.....there are only 22 units in the complex.....although you can use the facilites at the Almond Beach which is right next door....they are an all inclusive property...so you have to buy an expensive meal plan to use the restaurants/bars. You can use the pool..no problem as Heritage has no pool. The beach in front of both properties is poor...it has eroded throughout the years and is very rocky. The rooms at Divi Heritage are simply furnished with kitchenettes and nice balconies......don't expect anything luxurious....but the cleaning staff is very friendly and do a great job. A big plus to this property is the location....on the west coast close to many great restaurants....walkable to Holetown for shopping and dining....and around the corner from Sandy Lane which has a great beach.
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 12:35 PM

We visited Divi Southwinds about 3 years ago, and I would never stay there. They showed us their "best" as they were hoping we'd purchase timeshare, but it was not in great condition.

A good west coast, villa type property is Settler's Beach Villa hotel -- nice beach here too. You might check that out.

If you'd like other suggestions, write me at [email protected] and I can send you my tips for the island that includes lots of places to stay.

Lois
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 11:03 AM

I stayed at Divi Southwinds two years ago. The resort at best was a 2 star and it was in need of repairs. After staying 2 nights in one of the worst room there, the front desk staff moved us to one of the recently remodled units. Well I will say that at least it was of 3 star quality. We got a steal of a deal air, hotel, breakfast daily and transfers to/from airport for less than $550 pp traveling from the east coast. So I got what I paid for.

I thought the location was great!!! It was in the St Lawrence Gap and had lots of restaurants within walking distance. Also, the beach was incredible, pure white sand and it was less than a 5 min walk to the beach (you had to cross a narrow street) and the local bus stopped in front of the hotel. The food there was good (they allowed us to have lunch daily instead of breakfast) and we ate dinner there the first night which was good. I would go there again if the price was right and only if I am able to stay in the time-share portion which was not that bad.

Have a great time in Barbados and hope you find good accomadations.
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 11:30 AM

hello, how are the rooms at the divi heritage? we were looking a the 2-bedroom villas, but may end up with a 1-bedroom. do they look the same as in the pics? is the beach crowded outside of this location or is it pretty secluded? thanks, kim
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 02:07 PM

Stay at the Southern Palms Beach Club its right next door to the Divi Southwinds and much, much, nicer!