Island Suggestions

Old May 12th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Island Suggestions

My husband and I are planning a trip to the Caribbean in June. We normally go to Mexico but have been to Turks & Caicos and love both. I am looking for suggestions of which island has the best soft beaches and warmest water. We like relaxing vacations and don't care about shopping.....we also always go all-inclusive. Any thoughts would be wonderful. Thanks.
Old May 12th, 2009, 12:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Grand Cayman has soft white sand and warm beautiful water, but I don't know of any all inclusives....
Aruba has white soft sand and warm green water and there are a few all inclusives, but I don't know them well either. Both of those islands have great restaurants so no need to be locked onto one resort. I know some marriotts in the caribbean offer somewhat of an all inclusive option.
Bermuda is gorgeous. We are going in June and they have pink soft sand and warm water. There are many resorts there that offer meal plans (breakfast and dinner, no drinks).
We haven't done the all inclusive places. I think Mexico and the Dominican republic are big for this.
Good luck!
Old May 12th, 2009, 12:20 PM

St. John had no all inclusives either. Have you looked at Sandals in Jamaica, Club Meds [all over].
Deb
Old May 12th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Original Poster

Thanks. Do you know anything about Peter Island Resort in BVI?
Old May 12th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Deb. I was concerned about Jamaica as I'd heard there was a lot of pan-handling or hassling on the beach.
Old May 12th, 2009, 02:28 PM

Palm Island is located in the Grenadines on white sand beaches and has beautiful water. It is a treasure. It is also close by the beautiful Tobago Cayes. PI is an A/I that is on a private island. Very relaxing, charming, great food and there is always some type of entertainment at night.
Old May 13th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Original Poster

Thank you.
Old Jun 16th, 2009, 07:56 AM

Actually have question for you - where in T&C did you stay, was it an AI? Considering Beaches for Feb 2010 Traveling with husband and our 2 adult children with their significant others and concerned Beaches may have too many kids. Since you mentioned T&C and AI would appreciate your opinion. Any suggestions? Thanks
Old Mar 19th, 2010, 06:53 AM
Original Poster

Mattinee, first off let me apologize for not responding to your note. I just saw it. Since you said you were traveling in Feb 2010, I'm sure you have already come and gone, but just in case....We stayed at the Beaches resort. It was nice, not as nice as some other AI's we've stayed at in Mexico and Dom Rep, but it was fine. The beach was absolutely gorgeous. There were a lot of children but the resort is large so you don't feel like you are overrun with them - though you do get a few "parades" of Elmo going by . The kids don't bother us so it wasn't really a big issue except the one time that the baby next to us on the beach needed to be taken to the room to nap (wouldn't quit crying). But that was one afternoon - otherwise no big deal.