Is it really going to rain all week?

Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 12:52 PM
gem
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it really going to rain all week?

I leave Saturday for STT and according to the Weather Channel I can expect rain the entire week I'm there. Please tell me it ain't so!!!
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 01:19 PM

They didn't say it would rain all 24 hours of every day, did they? When I lived in Puerto Rico (outside of San Juan), during the summer it rained for about an hour just about every day. But the rest of the time, it was glorious. You should be fine-- just know that the skies just might open up for a brief but hard rain.
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 04:44 PM

We leave a week from today for St John and I'm start to worry about the same thing. They are forcasting showers for the first 2 days at least. Can anyone reassure us? I know when I've been in the caribbean before there were daily late aftertoon showers - which I can handle. Is that the case in St John as well? I don't want to spend the trip indoors!!

Thanks!
Lisa
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 03:09 AM

To get a more detailed forecast, go to www.caribwx.com. It's an excellent weather site based out of Roadtown, Tortola (a few miles away from the USVI). Looks like a tropical wave is passing through today, which might make today a bit messy, but beyond that, it looks like the usual summer showers here and there. Absent a major storm, all-day rain for days on end is an unlikely occurrence.
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 04:48 AM
gem
Original Poster

Thanks Callaloo. I know it typically doesn't rain all day, but since I am leaving the Atlanta area in a row boat to get the the airport...
I'm just really looking forward to some tropical sun!