Search

If you had four days

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you had four days

OK, if you had four day leaving out of Orlando, I would say Bahamas. But truly, which island and resort in December....this is for two couples that want to snorkel, have good food, nice bar, a lil shopping, beachfront a must.

I've been before and got stuck at an AL in the middle of an island not on beach...also don't want the typically cruise food ... HELP...need some real good advice!!!!!
Old Nov 15th, 2006, 03:57 PM

bahamas may be a bit cool in dec. you could look at www.secretharbourvi.com on st. thomas or caneel on st. john if your budget is enough. neither is ai but both have a restaurant and bar. both have good snorkeling and good beach (sh 1, caneel 7), st. thomas tons of duty free shopping, st. john a little shopping.
Old Nov 15th, 2006, 06:08 PM

djanna--We live in Leesburg Fl. I would suggest Providenciales in the Turks and Caicos. Do a HowardC search here and you will find some trip reports and comments. Call info and give me a call and I might be able to help you off line. Last name Cann
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 08:08 AM

Grand Cayman is easy to get to, great waters, etc. Not sure if it meets the budget you are looking for - it is pricey.
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 09:07 AM

If your budget and expectations are on
the high side, check out the Horned Dorset Primavera in Rincon/Agadilla on Puerto Rico's West Coast (fly in there via puddle-jumper from San Juan). Luxe,
relaxing, good food/drink, an oasis and off-season pricing before the 15th might net a buy.
Good surfing and small family=style
seafood restaurants as well as beachfront. And you can always shop in
San Juan en route back...
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 10:11 AM

I second the "Secret Harbour" on St. Thomas recommendation.

The Beachfront Suites are condo-style units with full kitchens, etc. You can get either a 1 Bedroom or 2 Bedroom.

The beach is tree-lined & beautiful - with great snorkeling right off of the beach. Last year we saw turtles, a baracuda, a stingray & some squid. Of course, also the typical Parrotfish & other tropical fish.

It is low-key with great food & wonderful laid back feel to it.

You are only a short taxi ride away from the ferry to St. John - which you would have to do, if you have not been there already.

The previous poster also mentioned Caneel on St. John. That is an absolutely beautiful resort (we ate there for dinner one night & also walked their property to get to beautiful Honeymoon Beach). So, if cost is no object - you will have greater access to more beaches on the property and good snorkeling. But, to get a "beachfront" accomodation there will cost you a pretty penny - as it is a "high end" full service resort.

If you have any questions - just ask away.

Also, another great plus for St. Thomas or St. John is that you are just a stone's throw away from the British Virgin Islands. We did a day powerboat trip that took us to The Baths in Virgin Gorday, lunch on Marina Cay, snorkeling off of Guana Island - "Painkillers" at Soggy Dollar Bar on Jost Van Dyke.

So many beautiful places for you to choose from. If you don't make it to the Virgin Islands this trip - keep it in mind for a later adventure.

Have fun planning!