Ideas for a vacation, please help...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17th, 2009, 07:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for a place that is right on the beach, with calm waters where i could go snorkeling, rent a jet ski if i wanted to, and isn't a Harbor, I don't want a lot of boats around... have some shipwrecks that I could go and explore, and most of all is or is somewhat secluded and doesn't cost the earth, not too crowded, we are looking at 9 beached in Bermuda, because they only have 84 rooms... but keeping out options open, does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks for your help.
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 07:18 AM
Original Poster

sorry the name was 9 Beaches
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 02:16 PM

You would have to take a boat to get to the shipwreck dives around Bermuda, but that is pretty easily arranged. I think 9 Beaches would suit your criteria, but be aware it is a pretty basic resort and not a luxury place. Check the reviews on TripAdvisor as there are some pretty blunt ones there to help you decide if it is what you want.
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Original Poster

i was debating August or October... I can't seem to find any resorts that are right on the beach while also being secluded and having few rooms... not to mention the price...
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 07:39 PM

Girlbat17 Do you recommend a specific island rental with great snorkeling in the Bahamas? Thanks
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 06:41 AM

Check out hopetown villas in Elbow Cay, Abacos Bahamas. Right on the beach. Reasonably priced. And I believe you can snorkell right off thier beach. You can also take a boat trip to Fowl Cay for some good snorkelling. Not sure of any shipwrecks though.
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 05:22 PM

You might also look at the Hopetown Harbour Lodge (www.hopetownlodge.com I think)- the view one direction is of the harbour but the other direction is the Atlantic beach- some off the beach snorkeling there. I am not sure how many rooms they actually have but it is certainly much, much fewer than 84- probably more like 20 tops. There is a good little restaurant and bar- pool with a beach bar for lunch and it is an easy walk to a few other places to eat or you can rent a bike, boat or golf cart to explore. Not so sure about wrecks but the area has an interesting history so there might well be.
Old Aug 19th, 2009, 09:08 AM

Sorry I meant to say hopetown harbour lodge as well not the villas.
Old Aug 19th, 2009, 01:32 PM

Eleuthera in the Bahamas is very laid back with lots of houses for rent on very secluded beaches. Good snorkeling around the island dive boats operate off of Harbour Island which is a boat taxi away. Great grocery store on Spanish Wells and chances are you won't see anyone on your beach. We go every year stay in different houses depending upon how many people travel with us (14 this year). But houses are available from 800 week to 20,000 per week.