How much does a Private Chef cost - St. John??

Dec 9th, 2002, 03:19 PM
Debbie

How much does a Private Chef cost - St. John??

I have seen several posts from people about hiring a private chef to come to your villa and cook a meal.

It all sounds very romantic, and our May trip to St. john will be our first and our anniversary celebrationas well. We would love to do this.

Can anyone give me names of chefs they have used and prices as well? It may well be out of our price range, but would at least like to investigate.

Dec 10th, 2002, 07:37 AM
Chef

Hi Debbie,

We were on St. John the same dates as you last year. Great time to go.

We hired Chef Shay Mulcare. We got his name from people on USVI forum. He was fabulous. I highly recommend him. Not only is the food wonderful, he's so down to earth and the nicest guy.

I noticed on his website prices have gone up a bit. Last year we payed $65/pp and that included our wedding cake. We opted for that instead of choice of dessert. His prices are well worth it.

See his menu and prices on [email protected]

I hope you choose to have him, it was quite an experience. If you decide on him, you can just call him and talk to him and he'll work with you.

Congratualtions. I know exactly where your coming from. I was in your exact position last year.

I will tell you, we were glad we chose a villa, we were glad we had Chef Shay come to cook for us. I trusted in the people who advised me, who had been to St. John before and everything went perfectly. I hope this helps you.

Dec 10th, 2002, 07:47 AM
Nancy

I second the recommendation for Chef Shay Mulcare. We also had him cook the night of our wedding.

His food is fantastic and I also agree, he's a very very nice man. He even sets the table and cleans up.

It was such a wonderful evening that we had him back a second evening to surprise my husband for his b'day.

I also highly recommend him.

Nancy

Dec 10th, 2002, 02:45 PM
debbie

Does anyone have Chef Mulcare's web site address?

The first poster left his email address, but I am trying to find his web site.

Dec 10th, 2002, 04:14 PM

Dec 11th, 2002, 07:02 AM
fyi

have heard good feedback and recommendations for katilady.com who has a great little storefront also.