Search

Flavors of St. John

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10th, 2006, 02:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flavors of St. John

To those of you who will be on St. John Saturday the 18th of November, here is the info for Flavors. A great time for all and a great way to taste all the restaurants participating in one night.
I will be there, probably on the mike at some point or the other!

Ronnie

Saturday, November 18th, over 20 of St John's world renowned restaurants are coming together to serve up Flavors of St John. It's a night of dining, dancing, & live music right on the beach at The Westin Resort & Villa's. Among the many participants this year is the Wine Spectator Award winning Stone Terrace Restaurant. Rhumb Lines, the Cruz Bay eatery made famous when 2006 Country Music Awards "Entertainer of the Year" Kenny Chesney and Oscar-winning actress Renee Zellweger dined there before their wedding in May, will be serving their Pacific Rim specialties. Skinny Legs will be grilling up mini versions of their burgers which Esquire Magazine just named "The Best Burgers in America"in their June 2006 "Best Bars in America" issue.The Westin will be defending it's "2005 Flavors People's Choice Award" against tough competition from the likes of Caneel Bay Resort, Zozo's, and Ocean Grille to name just a few. There will be several wine tastings throughout the evening as well. KatiLady Events and Baked in The Sun will be serving deserts as bottles of Veuve Clicquot Rosé Champagne go up for auction. Join us as Aqua Bistro, Asolare, Baked in The Sun, The Balcony, Bellows International, Caneel Bay Resort, Chateau Bordeaux, China Shack, Chloe & Bernards, Da Livios, East West Catering, The Fish Trap, Happy Fish, KatiLady Events, The Lime Inn, Mathayum, Morgan’s Mango, Ocean Grill, Paradiso, Premiere Wine & Spirits, Rhumb Lines, Satyamuna, Skinny Legs, Starfish Market, Stone Terrace, Tage, Ten Tables, The Pavilion at Maho Bay Camps, West Indies Corp, The Westin, & Zozo’s showcase their best offerings in support of a good cause.Cocktail hour starts at 6:30, Flavors dining begins at 7:30. Seating is limited, visit www.flavorsstjohn.com for online ticket sales or buy your tickets at Connections, Connections East, or Kaleidoscope Video. Tickets will be available that night at the door. This annual food and wine event, held every November, is hosted by The Rotary Club of St John and all proceeds from it go to charity,
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 03:02 AM

And I know a good time will be had by all. Thanks for the heads up. Wish I could make it.
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 05:31 AM

Wish we could be there too...sigh.
Old Nov 11th, 2006, 07:30 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Didn't know about it. We wish we could be there. Oh well. Maybe next year.
Old Nov 12th, 2006, 03:55 PM

Blatant ad for the event.
Give us a break.
Old Nov 13th, 2006, 01:52 AM

The proceeds go to charity, unlike your ads when you posted under your other name.
Old Nov 13th, 2006, 02:02 AM
Original Poster

Once again you beat me to it! Maybe if they read that it was Rotary and everything was going to charity. Obviously this person does not know or follow in their daily lives the Rotary Four Way Test.
1. Is it the truh?
2. Is it fair to all concerned?
3. Will it build goodwill and better friendships?
4. WIll it be beneficial to all concerned.
Maybe they should recite this to themselves before writing some of their posts on this board.

RL
Old Nov 13th, 2006, 02:35 PM

Exactly right, Ron. My friend, Mary is a member of that organization (I'm sure you know her) & it's a wonderful group. I'm sure it will be a roaring success. I thought I had to work but I don't think I will so maybe I can make it.
Old Nov 13th, 2006, 05:18 PM

I am sorry that we will miss it . We will arrive the following Saturday. Thanks for the information, Ron.
Old Nov 14th, 2006, 12:32 PM

Hey Brenda! Remember me from the "goats gone wild" lunch at Miss Lucy's??

You are going back already -- lucky you!

We just did 2 weeks in Hawaii. Really great but no goats or donkeys!

Debi
Old Nov 14th, 2006, 05:42 PM

Hi Debi,
Yes, I remember you folks from the "goats gone wild" lunch. We also got to hang out with them on the side of the road for quite a while waiting for that darn bus! Lucky you as well to spend 2 weeks in Hawaii.
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 07:52 AM

RonUSVI, you font of information you! You go right ahead and tell everyone of any event in the VI's which might be fun for visitors. I can't imagine a better opportunity to taste the wares of some major restaurants all in one place. You forgot the fifth beneficiary: your tummy.
Old Nov 18th, 2006, 02:40 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. there will be tons of visitors there I am sure!!

RL
Old Nov 18th, 2006, 04:29 AM

And a beautiful day for it as well. I'm sure it will be a huge success.