Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

How is the weather late August in Aruba?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2002, 04:45 AM
Sue

We have never been and have a babysitter only for end of August. Where is the best resort for 2 adults? Anyone stay at the Hyatt?Also, any other suggestions for other islands during this time period? We want to avoid hurricanes/heavy rains but want a beach resort.Please advise!

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 12:22 PM
Roe

We went mid Aug 2001, In Aruba there is never a bad time to go, If you wantt avoid hurricanes/heavy rains then DEFINITLY Aruba. Aruba has perfect weather year round. We stayed at the Wyndham and would definitly go again.

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 06:02 PM
Kay

The weather in Aruba is nearly unchanging.<BR>It has the most predictable weather in the Caribbean.<BR>It's a desert island. Rarely rains, rarely cloudy. Cacti!<BR>There are no world class hotels, but the Hyatt is a decent Hyatt with a nice beach.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 03:47 AM
Susan

Aruba has some very wonderful hotels. They have alot more upscale resorts than alot of the other islands.<BR><BR>My husband and I love the Marriott, it has waterfalls in the pool, and wonderful landscaped area.<BR><BR>The Hyatt seemed to cater to snobby people (no offense, just an observation). People didn't seem very laid back there.<BR><BR>The Radisson is also a wonderful new resort with beautiful landscaping as well.<BR><BR>I prefer the Marriott because it is the last one in the high rise area, so it is less crowded and quite secluded.<BR><BR>You might want to check out a charter package such as Funjet vacations or Travel Charter vacations to get the best value for your $.<BR><BR>Have a good one Sue.<BR><BR>Susan

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 01:01 PM
Karen

Sue: I agree with prior posts re the weather in Aruba but you might also want to go to a sister island, Bonaire, depending upon what you are looking for. Bonaire is much less touristy with great natural beauty such as flamingos, salt ponds, and the best snorkeling I've found so far. There are a few bars and good restaurants but not a lot of nightlife as you will find in Aruba. Either way, both are great and I am sure you will enjoy your trip!

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 04:45 PM
FJ

I was in Aruba late last August. The weather is the same everyday...Beautiful! In the 90's with contant breeze, which makes it comfortable. <BR><BR> We also stayed at the Hyatt, which is the nicest on the island. Very classy. Not at all snobby. There were families since it was the last week before school started. The ABC islands are out of the hurricane belt (Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao). Bonaire is known for it's diving not for beach lounging. The beaches are not sandy. FYI <BR>