Reload this Page >

Grand Lido Negril or Couples Negril??

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2002, 09:31 AM
Jennifer

We are having a difficult time deciding between Grand Lido Negril and Couples Negril. We would greatly appreciate some comments about both. Thanks!

Old May 28th, 2002, 11:58 AM
Penney

I can only comment on GLN - it was wonderful! It is more upscale then some of the other resorts in terms of room decor, food and presentation, atmosphere. The beach is beautiful, loved the yacht for sunset cruises, excellent food - nice selection for every taste. It is a more laid back resorts and tends to cater to a more mature crowd - not older but not party like. Quieter evenings but good entertainment.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 07:26 AM
mel

Have been to both multiple times and I have to say that except for the Zein, Grand Lido isn't necessarily better. Couples Negril is beautiful and the service and food were great. We are going back in Sept. and chose to go there rather than GL.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 11:05 AM
Stephanie

I agree with Melanie. I was not impressed with Grand Lido. I found it to be rather stuffy and wasn't thrilled with the attitude of the staff. Been to Couples twice and will probably go back in the fall. Although it is a small property, the beach is great and the staff was more than accommodating.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 11:39 AM
Christine

My husband and I spent a week at Grand Lido Negril in December of 2001 for our honeymoon. The only other place I had stayed in Jamaica was the Renaissance Jamaica Grande and needless to say Grand Lido was wonderful. The only downside was that our bathroom was a little run down. If you want an absolutely beautiful beach, great food, and accommodating staff - Grand Lido Negril is a fabulous choice. I would go back in a second - it was HEAVEN! We got an oceanfront upgrade with no trouble at all. I read so much online that I began doubting my decision before we went - but not fear - you will love it! Negril is also a great town so you can get out a little without being in the resort all week.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 04:53 PM
pam

i would go to GLN all the way. we stayed at couples negril on our honeymoon and wish we would have gone to GLN. will go to GL for anniversary this fall. Couples was good, but lacked many touches, including consistent service.