Search

Hotel Suggestion

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Suggestion

My husband and I want to to go to Barbados for 4-5 nights in September for our anniversary. Does anyone have a great hotel suggestion? Sandy Lane is out of our budget, but is there anything second to Sandy Lane? Fortunately, September is low season so prices seem good. I have read about Coral Reef, The House, Tamarind Cove etc? Any great recommendations?
Old Aug 3rd, 2006, 02:30 PM

While I have always highly recommended the Coral Reef, which is truly a luxury hotel, last week when we went by the beach at the property, it was gone. Sadly the water currents changed and there is virtually no beach now - lots of coral. The rest of the resort is still fantastic, though.

Now I'm recommending their sister property The Sandpiper - just down the street a bit. Same luxurious type resort, and their beach is the best it has been in 5 years -- very nice. However they will be closed for the annual refurbishing when you are there.

Settler's Beach Villas is nice and more affordable.

The House is very minimalistic, so if you like that it's ok.

Lois
Barbados Insider Tips

Old Aug 3rd, 2006, 02:44 PM

I forgot to mention in my previous post that Fairmont Royal Pavilion is very nice and caters more to adults.

In October 2003 this hotel reopened after undergoing a multi-million dollar refurbishment. Royal Pavilion is an adult-oriented resort and has new opulent oceanfront rooms that have full Internet access, DVD players and 27” flat screen TVs, and all marble bathrooms. We toured this in July ‘04 and it’s fantastic. All rooms have a sea view. Beach is narrow with the hotel right at the edge of the beach. There are elevators in the building if you are on an upper floor. Great balconies with drapery to block the sun if you want some shade. Also on the grounds are new water fountains and a redesigned pool area (with a Jacuzzi) with unparalleled views of the Caribbean.

NOTE: Royal Pavilion will be closed August 31 - September 23, 2006 to allow them to refurbish their pathways and pool deck areas.

Lois
Barbados Insider Tips
Old Aug 3rd, 2006, 03:05 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much. Actually, both Sandpiper and Royal Pavillion are closed when we would like to go. Is The House worth looking into? Their website looks amazing, but you describe it as minimalist.
thanks.
Old Aug 4th, 2006, 09:29 AM

We toured it and it was nice, but not my type of decor. Not sure how much those "pamper people" do - I've heard mixed reviews. Some people have said that it's a little upscale version of Tamarind Cove.

Lois