Search

Hotel in February

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel in February

Hi everyone!
Just wondering if anyone knows how hard it will be to find a hotel in DR around mid
February. My wife and I are staying in Santo Domingo for 3 nights, then renting a car and heading east. Not interested in the AI resorts, just something simple, well kept and cheap. Bayahibe, La Romana, and possibly Boca De Yuma. Thanks for any input.
Old Feb 8th, 2010, 04:54 AM

It will be very very difficult. If you have not yet made a reservation, please make sure you can get a hotel room before making your plane flights. Santo Domingo hotels are really booked up right now with people doing relief work in Haiti, and the hotels have been running at 100% capacity. Prices are also up because of that. I think if you look you may find something, but do it now (as in today, not tomorrow).

It should be somewhat easier in La Romana or Bayahibe, but this is the high season, and the DR does tend to book up.
Old Feb 11th, 2010, 06:20 PM

You can come to Bayahibe, I don't think the hotel is full at this moment. Specially through the week should be fine. If you tell me the exact dates I can ask, I live 5 minutes from there. I wouldn't suggest La Romana, unless you want to stay in a city with no beach, just for shopping. I don't know about any hotel in Boca de Yuma, I know the village more like a local village, that is very busy on weekends. If you book the hotel in Bayahibe you can go to Boca de Yuma and come back, it's about 30 minutes drive.
Old Feb 11th, 2010, 06:22 PM

By the way Hotel Bayahibe charges around 60 USD per double room per night breakfast included. It's nothing fancy, but very clean, safe hotel with good service. We stayed there few times before we moved here.
Old Feb 11th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Original Poster

Hi Demi56
We will be heading out of Santo Domingo on Sat. the 20th. Would like to see if there are rooms available on that date, and possibly the 21st also. If you could check for me, that would be fantastic. Let me know, RJ