hotel in paris--any ideas

Old Jun 6th, 2006, 04:09 PM
pj1
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hotel in paris--any ideas

Hi,
My husband and I are looking for a hotel in Paris in July for about 150 usd a night. Any ideas? My cousin who lives in Paris booked us at the Hotel Opera Bergere but the reviews arent great. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 04:16 PM

At this point you may have some trouble finding a good hotel in the area you want--many will be fully booked by now. But you could try
lastminute.com and venere.com and hope. Don't cancel your existing reservation until you have another!
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 04:43 PM

Try the Hotel de France on the Boulevard de la Tour Maubourg in the 7me. Should be able to get a double room there for under your targeted price, and it's a great hotel in a nice neighborhood. Not sure they have AC in all rooms though...
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 05:08 PM
pj1
Original Poster

Thanks. I cant seem to find this hotel on line?
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 05:13 PM

http://www.france-hotel-guide.com/

Try this link - they have some last minute and summer promotions. Especially look at Regents Hotel on Rue Madame. Its in your price range, well located, and gets good reviews.

Try Parisby.com too. You can search by price and date.
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 05:14 PM

Also suggest the Hotel de Varenne in the 7th. They do have AC, and you ought to be able to get a room for your price.

http://www.varenne-hotel-paris.com/
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 05:30 PM

StCirq's Hotel de France web site

www.hoteldefrance.com

I stayed here in March 06 and recommend it. Good location, very comfy bed. My single room was compact but comfotable.
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 05:37 PM

www.hoteldulys.com

Great little place, but no elevator, no a/c.
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 06:02 PM

I agree .Alway ask about air and lift and bathtub and which way you will face(street or backside)I had a heck of a time finding just the right place close to metro and walking distance from sites(Not too dead but not too noisy).

. I used this tool but it doesn't list everything http://www.hotelsearch-in-paris.com/...h.english.html

Old Jun 6th, 2006, 08:40 PM
Gia

We stayed at the Brittanique hotel near the Chatelet Metro which was so convenient. It's in busy area but that particular street was quiet. The rooms are very small, but nicely done, and very clean. We never spend much time in our room while visiting Paris so this was perfect for us. And they have a small lift. One person with suitcase at a time or 2 people max. Helpful front desk as well. I loved it, here's the site...
http://www.hotel-britannique.fr/index.html
Old Jun 7th, 2006, 07:19 AM
MaureenB

Have you tried Hotel la Bourdonnais, in the 7th? We were there two years ago. It has A/C, a lift, nice front desk, internet in the lobby, breakfast service, etc. A good value on a pretty boulevard. Our room 503, a quad, had a nice view of the Eiffel Tower.

Old Jun 7th, 2006, 07:44 AM

We stayed once at the Hotel Troyon at 10 Rue de Troyon. It was a while ago during the time that the world cup was in France and rooms in Paris were difficult to find last minute - we arrived without reservations. The hotel was recommended by the Paris USO. It is in the 17th, about a block and a half from the Arc de Triomphe. Never stayed in that part of Paris before so it was a pleasant change. The staff was helpfull and friendly. Breakfast was served in an almost non existant public space and far exceeded our expectations including a large basket of chocolate croissants and other goodies. The room was basic, of good size, and very clean as was the private bath. There is a laundermat on the same street and lots of great little shops of the local rather than tourist variety. The price should be well within your budget. I do not recall if the room had air conditioning, but it was comfortable at this time of year.
Old Jun 7th, 2006, 07:45 AM

Two that we have stayed at BUT may be kind of late but give it a try?
1. Hotel Pas des Calais
2. Le Sainte Beauve

Enjoy your stay.