Honeymoon...St. Barts?

Old Oct 18th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honeymoon...St. Barts?

My Fiance and I are thinking of honeymooning in St. Barts come end of next June. We've heard amazing things about the island (best beaches, food, relaxation, etc), but I'm concerned it may be too pricey. Is there a decent villa anyone can recommend to stay for one week that wouldn't be too outrageous ($$) without compromising beauty and service?

Any other suggestions in terms of similiar islands on a cheaper scale or villas within St. Barts would be helpful!!!

I've heard Anguilla would be the runner up from some???
Old Oct 19th, 2006, 01:30 AM

What price range can you afford?
Old Oct 19th, 2006, 05:40 AM

You can rent a one bedroom villa anywhere from $1500 to $12M on St. Barts. We had Villa Santal for $2450 a week and it was perfect for us. High up, so we could see the ocean and look down upon L'Orient, yet close enough to town so we could make grocery and drink runs. Having our own pool and hot tub was sublime. We didn't want to leave the villa! Daily maid service was a plus, as was saving money on eating some meals on our deck. Lots cheaper than having to go out for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
We used French Caribbean:
http://www.frenchcaribbean.com/St-Ba...Villas1BR.html
Old Oct 20th, 2006, 06:14 AM

French Caribbean resell Ici et Là's villas

http://www.icietlavillas.com They are on the island, so better placed to advise you.
Old Nov 4th, 2006, 04:59 PM

St. Barts IS amazing!! It's really much more like the S. of France than the Caribbean, no other place like it! It does not have to be expensive either. We stay at a private Villa in Flamands, Flamands Blue directly from the owner who tells us he gets lots of honeymooners (it's about the same price as a nice hotel room--- www.stbartsvilla.com) -- but there are several agencies that do a good job as well.