Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Any suggestion for 3 couples wishing to rent a beachfront villa for a week in the Caribbean???

Search

Any suggestion for 3 couples wishing to rent a beachfront villa for a week in the Caribbean???

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2002, 09:45 AM
arf

We are three couples wishing to rent a villa in the Caribbean for a week this winter.<BR>Spa, great pool, golf are the things were are interested in. <BR>Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Old May 21st, 2002, 11:55 AM
Beth

I know of a couple of nice villas. You can email me and I will check them out for you.<BR>Thanks

Old May 21st, 2002, 12:08 PM
Lv2trvl

Beth must be Clint's better half. I make a personal effort not to rent from those who advertise openly on public message boards against the policy of the board. If they are successful, there is no need to do so.

Old May 21st, 2002, 12:30 PM
Cela

We subscribe to Caribbean Travel & Life and some of the villa companies listed are: villascaribe.com (Villas Caribe), Caribbeanway.com (Caribbean Way, Villas of Distinction, Destination St. John, cupecoybeachclub.com (St. Maarten: Cupecoy Beach Club), islandtrips.com. If you use Google just type out the company without the .com <BR>

Old May 21st, 2002, 12:53 PM
Sandy

Village St. Jean, St. Barts has a 3 befroom villa. See property using Google--type out Village St.Jean, St. Barts. Fodors destination guides has listing and user ratings.

Old May 21st, 2002, 01:02 PM
Bea

Actually, I believe Village St. Jean has a 2 bedroom cottage not a 3. However, the rates are reasonable so you could each rent your own cottage! Another very large villa company would be WIMCO.

Old May 21st, 2002, 01:45 PM
Sheryl

go to Palm Island !! in the grenadines!<BR>awesome place!

Old May 22nd, 2002, 05:56 AM
Marion

Islands with golf are Aruba, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, St. Croix, Jamaica, Nevis, St. Thomas. Check out the villa rental companies as previously mentioned. If staying in St. John, you can go over to St. Thomas and play golf at Mahogany Run. Lots of choices!

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 05:16 PM
Cj

BARBADOS !! Hands down the best. Safe, clean, fabulous array of villa choices, lovely beaches and first class service

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 07:48 AM
jam-man

Arf,<BR>Check out Tryall Golf and Beach Club, about 10 minutes outside of Montego Bay, Jamaica. There are 55 villas spread along the shore and up into the mountain behind the Great House. There are several 3 bedroom villas, and a similar number of 4 and 5 bedroom ones. Each comes with a staff (cook, butler, maid, laudress, and gardner) to pamper you. While there is no spa, you can arrange for massages. The beach is OK, but at your villa you'll have your own pool. And the golf course, well the golf course is magnificent. The first 7 holes are down by the ocean (number 4 is a killer, and it's just a little par 3) with the rest of the holes stretching up into the mountain, with dramatic elevation shifts.<BR>We (my wife and I and another couple) have been several times. We rent a 4 bedroom villa for a reduced rate, which gives some privacy and room to spread out. You can do the same with the other 4 and 5 bdrm villas on what Tryall calls 'short notice' which is about 6 weeks or so. I get a little uneasy about cutting it that close, so we go directly to the owner. There are 4 or 5 Tryall villas that are advertised by the owners or reps on the Internet. Use Google and type in <BR><BR>Tryall Club villa<BR><BR>One of them is Fern Hill, a 4 bdrm, one is Pinnacle, a 3, and Fairways (another 4 bdrm).<BR><BR>Cj's recommendation about Barbados is also a good one. Check out the villas at Royal Westmorland, it's another great Caribbean golf course, and a heck of a challenge.