Search

Honeymoon Hotspots

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 05:39 PM
CincyGuy

Honeymoon Hotspots

My wife-to-be and myself have been searching for a great place to go for our honeymoon in March, and for our price range, AAA recommended a few places, and I'd love you heard what any of you think of them. <BR><BR>In Aruba: Aruba Grand, Aruba Sonesta...<BR>In Punta Cana: Secrets Excellence, Paradisus...<BR>In Mayan Riviera: Riu Palace, Royal Hideaway<BR><BR>ALL RESPONSES WELCOME! Thanks everyone!

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 10:25 AM
Maureen

Can only comment about Aruba having been there at least six times. We love Aruba--the beaches, the people, the nightlife and the cuisine. I don't know anything about the Aruba Grand but we have stayed at the Sonesta Suites. I liked the Sonesta because of the private island which only takes a few minutes to get to by boat. 4 beaches with a fitness center, massage, places to eat, water sports center etc. You are downtown so restaurants and shopping are walking distance. We did however rent a car for mobility. Taxis are available but are sometimes slow upon arriving.<BR>My husband on the other hand was not so crazy about Sonesta and prefers other Eagle or Palm Beach so we now stay at the Wyndham.<BR>Also you might look into Antigua--really nice beaches. <BR>Our travel agent of many years recommended Paradisus in D.R. to us last time we saw her--so I know it's a nice property.

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 04:16 PM
Penney

While I have notbeen to Royal Hideaway, I too have read excellent things about this resort. It is one of the top in Cancun and looks excellent.<BR><BR>Punta Cana - Alot of people do not like the DR. The resorts there are huge - very huge so lack that romantic or warm feeling. The DR also attracts alot of budget concious people since it is such a great value - can beat the resorts on your list in DR are the cheapest. My sister went tot he Paradisus and she reports that her room was huge, but out dated and the resort was so big there was a tram to take people aobut the resort.<BR><BR>

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 05:43 PM
pam

The Royal Hideaway seems to have wonderful reviews. There is a large spread in the prices between the ones you mentioned and RH. Not familiar with Aruba, but I have to agree Punta Cana caters to the budget traveler. If budget allows, don't think you can go wrong with RH-

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 05:50 PM
Nelly

The Dominican Republic, Puerto Plata is amazingly beautiful! The beaches are incredible and the people are extremely friendly. I would definitely recommend this paradise to any honeymooners in quest for tropical bliss!!!

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 05:51 PM
Nelly

The Dominican Republic, Puerto Plata is amazingly beautiful! The beaches are incredible and the people are extremely friendly. I would definitely recommend this paradise to any honeymooners in quest for tropical bliss!!!