Vacation Suggestions in Carribean

Sep 1st, 2004, 08:58 AM
Original Poster

Vacation Suggestions in Carribean

A group of six of us, all adults, are planning a trip for the first week of March for 7 days.

We want somewhere warm, probably the Carribean, all-inclusive and reasonably priced. The beauty of the beaches is key as well as having options for things to do besides sit around.

We were at the Riviera Maya in Mexico last year.

Any suggestions?

THANK YOU!
Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:14 PM

We went to Aruba and loved it. I wouldn't go all inclusive though. (too many great restaurants).I am sure it would offer fun and good beach vacation.
Sep 2nd, 2004, 11:10 PM

If you want excellent food and an all inclusive you may want to consider a cruise and get to see a few different islands for the same price. I like a cruise when traveling with other people so that you can meet up at dinner every night at your own table (no waiting)and get to enjoy those delicious 6 course meals. You can of course plan your shore excursions together too if you choose. There are so many activities on board that there is always something for someone. If you have any other questions please feel free to e-mail me. [email protected]
Sep 3rd, 2004, 09:09 AM

You might look into Paradisus Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic which my travel agent recommends to her clients or the Rendezvous Resort (theromanticholiday.com)in St. Lucia if couples (the romantic holiday).
There are excellent beaches in Aruba--Divi Resort has all-inclusive but the cuisine is so good in Aruba it's hard to recommend a meal plan. The Manchebo Resort is a small property but on a gorgeous beach. We normally stay at the Bucuti which is also very nice and next door to the Manchebo.
Sep 4th, 2004, 05:20 AM

The Wyndham Hotel in Aruba now offers an all inclusive plan.
Sep 12th, 2004, 08:50 AM

We just got back from Aruba 9/10/04. If you select Aruba, which we loved, don't go AI. There are way too many amazing restaraunts. We stayed at Bucuti, which was mostly couples.