honeymoon advice needed

Nov 8th, 2002, 10:11 AM
Ron

honeymoon advice needed

Hello, I am needing help to pick a two week honeymoon destination for this January. We are both very active people, love the water, cycling, hiking etc. We like eating good food but are not interested in real nightlife. Which island would you recommend that are not too touristy yet we can get all of the above? thanks

Nov 8th, 2002, 10:13 AM
Answer

Definitely St. John

Nov 8th, 2002, 10:53 AM
answer 2

I second the motion.

St. John. Great place for honeymoon.

Seems to have what your looking for. Very beautiful island.

Nov 8th, 2002, 09:08 PM
GM

I 3rd the motion, St. John would 'fit the bill' for what you noted. You can 'veg out' for the 1st 2/3 days for your honeymoon, then definitely go exploring around St. John. Consider 2 days going around St. Thomas, maybe 1 or 2 for around St. Croix, and DEFINITELY go out to the Brit. Virgin Islands at least 2 days, then 'veg out' again before going home.

While in St. Thomas for shopping, go to Raadets Gaade (a Street in Charlotte Amalie) that has jewelers with great bargaining for great prices on beautiful pieces of jewelry. Stay away from the jewelers that advertise in the brochures; you're paying for their advertising with their higher prices, and they don't usually bargain with the prices. Gorgeous gemstones and diamonds, of course, great 14 and 18kt gold unique pieces and duty free as well; you'll get non stop compliments for the unique jewelry, and what a nice remembrance of your honeymoon.

I am so jealous (2 weeks!) But have a GREAT time and all the best in your upcoming marriage.

Nov 8th, 2002, 09:23 PM
anon

If you have two weeks to spend on your honeymoon, you should look into the South Pacific. Check out Tahiti, Fiji, Australia, New Zealand, etc.

Nov 9th, 2002, 03:33 AM
Ed

Split it between St. John, and Virgin Gorda. Not sure of your price range, but you could do Caneel-Little Dix, or Caneel-Biras Creek, Caneel-Peter Island!
St. John is a wonderful island, mostly National Park!