Reload this Page >

Scubadiving in Atlantis?

Search

Scubadiving in Atlantis?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 03:55 PM
Chad

Scubadiving in Atlantis?

It seems as tho I've heard that one can get a scuba lesson while staying here,are they free or do you have to pay extra? Are they in a pool or in the ocean? Can children take them too,is there any age limit? What about snorkeling, I heard that one can rent gear for this.How much is that to do? I know this seems to be a lot of questions but I'd really appreciate any help I could get.

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 06:04 PM
Jerry

&quot;Free&quot; and &quot;Atlantis&quot; virtually never belong in the same sentence.<BR>Nothing is free at Atlantis. <BR>Everything costs an arm and a leg there.<BR>I don't know specific costs of the dive related items, but the Atlantis website won't help you. They try to keep the prices of all the &quot;extras&quot; a secret till you get there.

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 09:16 PM
travelbuff

Chad,<BR><BR>Don't think I have heard of all inclusive including a certification.<BR><BR>There are dive shops on New Providence, like Stuarts Cove, that offer diving programs, not sure of the ages of children accepted. They will come to the hotel to pick you up and take you to their facility for some training and you can take a shallow dive. It is called a resort course and you get the basics of diving. Depending on how long you are there you can get certified, but I would suggest getting some of the requirements out of the way before you go, some of the class work can be done in your area before you head down to the Bahamas.<BR><BR>Also I would get snorkling gear where you live, make sure it fits correctly and take it with you. That way the kids can get comfortable with their gear and you will know it fits properly, renting there can be expensive and you may not get the gear to fit right.<BR><BR>You might get intouch with the Altantis consierge for info on dive schools in the area and call for info on pricing and age requirements.<BR><BR>There are also snorkle trips that are not expensive that you can take to an off island location to see lots more fish and coral. You can sign up for those when you get there.<BR><BR>Have a great time.

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 04:13 AM
Scubagirl

The Scuba LESSON is a pool lesson, and does NOT include a dive in the ocean. It is to prepare you for a dive. The cost of the ocean dive is around $80pp. As for the kids, I'm not sure, but I think it is 12. <BR>I have heard that snorkel gear is expensive to rent, I'd bring my own. More sanitary, and a better fit. <BR>As travelbuff mentioned, there are many good snorkeling tours to choose from. Enjoy!

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 12:34 PM
Robert

Call Bahama Divers, the oldest dive operation in Nassau. They conduct thorough training at the Comfort Suites Pool, next to the Atlantis. After the pool training, they take you to shallow reefs for the open water training. My daughter took the course, and one of the dive masters dove with her, and stayed with her in the open water segment. Perhaps, you could walk over to the Comfort Suites pool from Atlantis. They pick you up and drop you off at the hotel as well. I believe children can receive the PADI certification as young as 12, although I recommend against it at this young age. Just my opinion, though. Robert