Help with lodging....Barbados

Jun 17th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Original Poster

Help with lodging....Barbados

We are going to Barbados for 12 days and the first 7 are taken care of...I need to find accomodations for 4 additional nights (Feb 22-26, 2009).

I would LOVE to stay at a really nice all inclusive (Almond resort...Sandy Lane)...but the prices are out of this world. Some quotes have been $3k for both of us for four lousy nights. That is ridiculous. We could take a 10 day cruise for that much.

I'm not looking to do this on the "cheap," but I don't want to throw money away either. And it doesn't have to be all inclusive. My husband doesnt' drink so the whole alcohol thing gets wasted on him anyway.

We will have a car, so location is not an issue.

Can anyone recommend something between the $200-$300 per night price range that is pretty nice? I'm having a hard time finding something in that price range. A lot of the really nice hotels are in upwards of the $600 per night (not all inclusives) and I'm getting pretty discouraged.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. I know I read that Barbados is expensive, but geez...the prices for the hotels are absolutely ridiculous! I would love to stay at The Little Arches but not only do they only take reservations for 7 nights, they were $600+ a night.

Also, we are looking for a Sunday through Thusday reservation, which in the states would be much easier to get a decent rate--but I'm guessing that makes no difference whatsoever in Feburary in Barbados.

Any info would be appreciated.

[email protected]
Jun 18th, 2008, 05:06 AM

You might take a look at Divi Heritage, which is near Holetown, next door to the Almond Beach Club. These are apartment units and not fancy at all (need to be refurbished), but they're an excellent value in a very expensive location.
Jun 18th, 2008, 05:58 AM

Look at Bougainvillea (although not AI) -- all suites, decent rates
Jun 18th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Original Poster

Bougainvillea is out...they only have one bedroom suites left (very busy time of the year).

I'm looking at a 2 bedroom condo in St. Lawrence Gap. Very nice condo, although not on the beach. We will have been on the beach @ the Hilton for the 8 days prior..so not a big deal. The location will be great.

Thanks.

Dawn
Jun 18th, 2008, 06:00 PM

We went to Barbados last fall. We had originally looked into the Bougainvilla but they didn't have rooms open. We ended up staying at the Tamarind cove and really liked it. Most of the guests were from Europe, especially England. We had a breakfast only plan but they did sell an all inclusive option but I don't think it included alcohol. It was relatively affordable.

If you go make sure you go to the piano bar in Holetown. We had a lot of fun there!