Search

Help with Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 12:03 PM
Guy

Help with Hotels

As i posted before, i'm a single guy in his mid 20s and i will be in Negril for 4 days around x-mass. I am looking for someplace cheap, social, and close to everything. Some of the places i've come up with are Kuyaba/Sea Gem, Rondel Village, Whitesands, and Chippewa. Anybody know anything about these? is it better to stay near the town or in the middle of the beach. is it far to walk everywhere you need to walk in Negril?

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 01:32 PM
Penney

try looking at www.negril.com

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 02:04 PM
beach lover

If you want social, then you'd probably want to stay on the beach, rather than on the cliffs which is a taxi ride away and more private (though beautiful, definitely check it out while you're there). I've never stayed in any of the places you mentioned, but have had dinner at Kuyaba many times &amp; it's a nice place, live music most nights.<BR><BR>Don't know what your budget is but try looking into Charela Inn and Idle Awhile too...<BR><BR>Everything on 7 mile beach is within walking distance, and taxis are plentiful - just be sure to negotiate the price before you get int. Here's a link to a map:<BR><BR>http://www.negril.com/bechotel.htm<BR><BR>Like Penney says, try looking at www.negril.com - the bulletin board is very active. Also try www.jamaicans.com for trip reports.<BR><BR>Have fun!

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 06:01 AM
Kathy

The Beachcomber was very nice - very simply, yet clean. Right on the beach......

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 11:33 AM
Andrea

Charela is one of the more upscaled small hotels on the Negril strip. Very lush and quiet. If you are looking for the singles scene, you may want to try another hotel. I've stayed at Charela with my husband and loved it.

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 12:15 PM
liza

Kuyaba and White Sands are more likely to have other singles, I'd say, and both are located within an easy walk of beach nightlife.