Search

Help! -- Swept Away or Sans Souci

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2004, 04:32 AM
ycm
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! -- Swept Away or Sans Souci

Hello -- I and my husband (both in our early 30s) are planning a one-week vacation in March and cannot decide where to stay. I (think) I have it narrowed down to the above resorts -- any advice on which is best? We're looking for upscale accomodations with nice, not-too-crowded beach, a luxurious feel/great service, lots of activities (both resorts seem to offer similar ones) and healthy food (we're vegetarians). Suggestions for other all-inclusives are welcome. Thanks in advance!
Ycm
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 06:39 AM

I am going to San Souci next weekend with husband for honeymoon trip. Travel agent recommended it for all the reasons you mentioned. Only downside is that there isn't miles and miles of beach. However, in-room allinclusive room service and spa treatments makes up for it to me!!!
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 08:09 PM

I can recommend Swept Away and think it will meet all of your wishes. The only could be that when I was there, they did not have room service included - except for a light breakfast. The beach is the highlight - never crowded and huge.
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:16 AM

Check out my trip report dated October 2003. That was our second trip to San Souci and we are already planning our third for this fall. It is a truely wonderful, relaxing, pampering resort.
Lisa S
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:45 AM
ycm
Original Poster

Lisa -- SS sounds marvellous -- thanks! I tried to look at your pix, but could not access the page, however... Any chance that they are still on line somewhere?

YCM
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 04:25 PM

Well, I absolutely loved Sans Souci. It was a paradise. Included massage (as a frequent massage client, it ranked as my best all time), 3 pools depending on the mood, and a secluded location-better than all of the rest of the resorts perhaps rivaling Jamaica Inn.

Swept Away is great. But the beach does not rival that of Bloody Bay and Couples. Sans Souci beach is not as great as that in Negril, but the amenities are first class. Also, construction happening right now at Swept Away puts a little damper on the honey moon experience.

My choice for a honeymoon--Sans Souci if you've chosen Jamaica.

If not, Cap Juluca all the way!

Old Jan 24th, 2004, 10:13 AM

I cannot imagine how SS can be any better for the $$$$ than Swpet Away. A perfectly romantic resort in every aspect. Probably cannot go wrong with either. SA has a fabulous beach and exoticly romantic rooms & grounds.
Old Jan 24th, 2004, 03:46 PM

YCM,
Try webshots again. I was able to locate my SS photos. Check under member lisa490.
Lisa S
Old Jan 27th, 2004, 12:50 PM
ycm
Original Poster

Lisa -- thanks for posting the pix! The resort looks great...
ycm
Old Jan 27th, 2004, 04:25 PM

Just read a great trip report on Swept Away today on another message board. Cut and paste this link
http://groups.msn.com/CouplesSweptAw...y/general.msnw

You'll find all kinds of things about Swept Away. I have been there twice and loved it. The beach can't be beat.