Search

Just returned from Maroma

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2005, 07:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just returned from Maroma

My husband and I just returned from our first visit to the Maroma Resort and Spa. We had one of the most romantic and amazing times of our lives. I highly recommend this place. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 07:19 AM

thanks for this...
What did you think of the rooms (what category did you stay in?), and the beach...
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 11:23 AM

Hi Shari,

We are going mid November for our anniversary. We have never been but I have a feeling we made an excellent choice. I would love it if you could write a little trip report about the rooms, food and activities. Did you do the Temzacal (sp?)?

Thanks for posting
Old Jun 6th, 2005, 07:03 AM
Original Poster

I loved our room. We stayed in an Ocean Front Villa. It was room number 40, and it was on the 2nd floor. I have never stayed anywhere with a more amazing view of the sea. The room was huge, clean and romantic. I appreciated the small touches they took into keeping all of the materials local.

Upon arrival, we had flowers on our bed in the shape of a flower, fruit on our dining room table and flowers outside on our deck.

The beach was PERFECT. It is very private and you don't have to deal with people walking around trying to sell you things. We walked to either end of the beach on the mornings and we didn't see too many other people. There is a cute lighthouse around the corner from where Maroma is.

We also enjoyed the snorkel trip that is provided. I have never seen a more healthy reef. There were so many fish and such beautiful life on the reef.

The food was amazing, the spa was perfect and the dinner on the beach was tres romantic.

I thought all of the employees were friendly, funny and efficient. They all know your name upon arrival.

We did not do the Temzacal spa, but others at the resort were talking about how soothing it was.

We took a day trip to Chichen Itza and Maroma packed a lunch for us. Again, it was flawless.

I don't have anything negative to say about this place. For a caribbean points of references, we have stayed at the Pink Sands in Barbados, Elbow Beach in Bermuda and the Sandy Lane in Barbados. This beach was by far the best.
Old Jun 6th, 2005, 07:58 AM

Thank you so much for your info. We are staying in an ocean front too....

I have consistantly read excellent reports about Maroma- I jsut hope it does not become too popular.

Can't wait till November
Old Jun 6th, 2005, 12:56 PM
lvs

We are planning a trip to Maroma in January and the cost of the ocean front rooms are $740 which is $200 over the premium rooms which are already expensive. By any chance did you get to see the premium rooms? Based on the layout of the property,is it worth the extra $200 a night for the view?
Old Jun 7th, 2005, 04:56 AM
Original Poster

I did not see the premium rooms. I think that they are in the main building with the main dining room, rec room, etc. If you like to be right in the center of things, then you may like those rooms better anyway. The ocean front villas are a slight stroll down the beach in their own area by the spa. It looked like the premium rooms would still have a view of the ocean, but you would be looking out over the top of the dining area on the beach. I LOVED our ocean front villa, but if the $200.00 seems outlandish to you, then I am sure the premium rooms will be lovely, too. You don't spend that much time in your room anyway.