Help me choose in St John ?

Oct 25th, 2005, 02:48 AM
Original Poster

Help me choose in St John ?

I just found this forum in the past few days and it is awesome !! My wife and I were going to Mexico (thanks Wilma) but changed our plans to St John this Dec.....We are looking at 5 Villa's could you give your thoughts or advise please....Should we be higher up for views,breezes,etc or lower ??? Anyway ..here are out Villa's:
Ft.Miles
Paradise Revisited
Mandvilla
Meritage
Chez Shell

Thanks for your time !!
Nov 11th, 2005, 06:51 PM

I was just reading through the postings about my favorite place on earth (St. John). When I can't be there, I at least like to read postings from others who have just returned or are planning to visit! It's vicarious living at its best. Have not unfortunately stayed at any of your 5 listed villas but have stayed at several others. If it's just you & your wife, why don't you check out Perelandra. My husband & I have stayed there a couple times & would go back in a heartbeat. It's perfect for a romantic honeymoon or anniversary trip. It's 2 BR/2BA, br's both have a/c; nice private pool, beautiful views. Very nice & quiet & peaceful & really just lovely. To answer your other questions, really the higher up you are, the better your views & breezes. Have fun on your villa hunt!
Nov 11th, 2005, 07:12 PM

Hi danny, STJ is one of my favorite places too. I don't know those villas specifically (there are sooo many on the island). If you can tell us what area(s) they're in we might be able to give some insight that way.

IMO, just being on STJ you can't go wrong!

I just booked two weeks at Little Plantation www.littleplantation.com (near Coral Bay) for May 2006. Can't wait!

Trish
Nov 12th, 2005, 04:18 AM
Original Poster

I think we have decided on Ft Miles..... I like the location and the awesome views !!! I have read reports about some recent robberies do you think that Maria Bluff,Choc Hole area is safer...should I even be concerned ??
Nov 12th, 2005, 05:58 AM

danny, I wouldn't be worried about the robberies. If you take normal precautions - lock your villa when you're not home, lock your car or don't leave valuables in it when you park somewhere you should be fine. Trish

Nov 12th, 2005, 07:31 AM

Ft. Miles looks great --- we have their DVD and I would have definitely stayed there but we are going during high season and it was just too much $$$ for us. We are staying in Paradise Revisited which looks fabulous but I think you will have better views...have fun!