Search

Help!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24th, 2007, 07:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!!

Hello all,
I am trying to find a trip to take. I am wanting to go Sept 12th through Sept 17th. I want to go somewhere the waters are clear and the sand is nice and white. I do not want to be where there is a very likely chance that a hurricane or tropical storm is going to hit.
I am looking for a all inclusive resort, with a very nice free form pool, close to the beach. I would love to find a place that has a swim up room. There will be two of us going and I really dont want to spend more than a 1,000 a person that includes airfare.
If anyone has any suggestions that would be great!!
Thanks
Old Jun 24th, 2007, 08:54 AM

Every island in the Caribbean has a chance of a hurricane in September, actually the worst month. So if you are serious, pick anywhere (they all have the same chance) but get insurance. You usually have about 5 days warning when a hurricane is going to hit. (Usually) There are no guarantees that time of year on weather though-might be totally sunny and dry, might be a hurricane. People will recommend Aruba to you, but they have a chance of hurricanes (or at least flooding from the edges of them) too.

For your budget swim up rooms in the Caribbean are closer to $1000 a night. (If you can find them)

Check out www.travelzoo.com for specials, you may get lucky in the Dominican Republic/Mexico area. (Neither safe from hurricanes, but only ones that will come close to your budget)
Old Jun 24th, 2007, 09:07 AM

you may not want to hear this, but for your budget, i think you are better off looking into florida

most airfare to caribbean is $500 pp or more

good luck & happy planning
Old Jun 24th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Original Poster

Well I have found some AI packages in Mexico and Aruba that is in my budget. I just have not found the dwim up room factor. Which I am willing to bypasss if I have to. I was just not sure if anyone had any thoughts. I appreciate the input though.
Old Jun 24th, 2007, 10:52 AM
KVR

For that price range, Cancun, Playa del Carmen or Cozumel, Mexico might fit. Maybe the Domincan Republic. I spent almost double your budget at the Holiday Inn in Aruba on their AI and that was the cheapest offered on the Island in September, 2006. However, Aruba is considered outside of the hurricane belt. We had perfect weather when we went.

We're going to Playa del Carmen the first week of Sept. Staying at the Royal Playa del Carmen. No swim-up rooms, but each room has a jacuzzi. We spent a little more than your stated budget for 5 nights. We purchased trip and hurriance insurance.

The Royal Cancun has swim-up type rooms and many of the Sandals properties have them, but your looking at major bucks. Won't find anything like that in your price range.

We're looking at the Oasis Viva in Cancun for November. We were quoted about $1,600 for 5 nights. But it's a low budget hotel and won't fit your critieria. You may get better airfare deals in your area than I do since I live in the middle of nowhere. However, for your price range, you may need to either decrease your critieria or raise your budget.