Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Have given up looking for an upscale resort with a children's program for 3 year olds; is FDR okay?

Search

Have given up looking for an upscale resort with a children's program for 3 year olds; is FDR okay?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 05:49 PM
Mary

We would have loved to go to an upscale resort, but most children's programs start at 4 years old; is FDR okay? If you have been, I would love to hear what you think, how to make the most of it, etc.<BR><BR>Many thanks in advance,<BR><BR>Mary

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 06:15 AM
busybody

Honey, you don't want to trust your precious three year old to god-knows-whom even at an &quot;upscale&quot; resort. Hire a nanny through the concierge and let her keep the stinker busy WHERE you can SEE her. If you feel comfortable enough after a day or two, go from there...

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 10:58 AM
Marti

Club Med Sandpiper starts at 4 months old. Kids have a blast. I have no idea what FDR is.

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 11:35 AM
gchris

Yes, I have stayed there with my children. Highly recommend for all of busybodys concerns. Small safe and secure property. Activities from infants on up. Each family is assigned a vacation nanny. You will have this person for the length of your stay. She will take your child to activities, etc.<BR>Feed,bathe,clothe,watch during nap time,etc. Great way for parents to relax and enjoy their vacation while knowing that your child is SAFE. Hopefully you won't end up with a nanny like busybody! Enjoy. Went for three years each Thanksgiving. My kids have grown now, 12 and 7, and enjoy resorts that offer more water activities. P.S. Go to the Runaway Bay resort not Pebbles.<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><B R><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR> <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><B R><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR> <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 04:53 PM
Mary

Marti and Chris--thank you; as for &quot;busybody&quot;--you named yourself, not me; I'd love to hear more useful advice with information.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Mary

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 07:27 PM
TIM

FDR is awesome. Great for the kids and you. We went down last May and are spoiled forever. My 4 and 2 year olds had the time of their lives and the nanny we had was like family within a day. Good food, great activities for the kids and for you. Go, you won't be sorry. We are going back Thanksgiving and cannot wait.