Search

Grotto Bay Beach

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 06:37 PM
andy

Grotto Bay Beach

Anybody been to Grotto Bay before? I am considering playing in a soccer tournament and these are the lodgings provided.

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 09:41 PM
debbie

Andy -<BR>Stayed at Grotto Bay a few years back. It's nice - clean, comfortable, pretty grounds. There's a nice restaurant and a beach bar that serves burgers, etc.<BR><BR>What we did not like was the beach. We had stayed at Elbow Beach before on the South Shore and got spoiled. Since Grotto is on the bay, it's just not the same. Pretty, but if you're a real beach person, it's disappointing. You can easily take a bus to the South Shore beaches though.

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 03:12 PM
John

You are accomadation at grotto bay should be good as they have just compelted some renovations, you are close to the airport.<BR><BR>Thjis property is an all inclusive, make sure that you you stop off at the swizzle Inn for a Rum Swizzle, tfor the local drink.<BR><BR>I have had disappointing views on Elbow beach as they have not renovated, <BR>

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 09:52 PM
andy

thanks for the replies<BR><BR>just wanted to make sure it was suitable. we will probably have scooters, so finding a good beach won't be a problem.

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 08:29 AM
loafskier

I stayed at Grotto Bay in June of 2002 with my husband. It was our first trip to Bermuda. They really did a great job on the Main building, nice little bar and a great breakfast room. We dined out for dinner (Grotto isn't necessarily all inclusive). The room is clean, neat, and had new (or, at least near new) furniture and a recently renovated bathroom. It wasn't the greatest room I had ever stayed in, but it suited our needs just fine. The pool and beach area is great. Like the others said, it's not the best beach, but the upside is that there are no waves because it is in an inlet. There is also a sunken ship for snorkeling. We had a great time at Grotto Bay and thought it was a great value for Bermuda. Don't miss the Swizzle Inn!

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 08:45 AM
xxx

When I was in Bermuda a few years ago I spent the day at Horseshoe Bay. It was a nice secluded beach at the time. I was on a cruise ship so it was just for the day.

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 09:02 AM
ParrotMom

One good thing about Grotto Bay....your right next to the swinging Swizzle Inn which is a really fun place, great pub food, rum swizzles, dark and stormies, etc. etc. There is also a bus outside the resort that will take you to St. George or Hamilton or any of the beach....unless you decide to rent a scooter..