Grocery Stores on St. Croix

Dec 27th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Original Poster

Grocery Stores on St. Croix

Can anyone give me information on good grocery stores on St. Croix.
Will be visiting there in March and would like to know the best place to shop. We'll be staying in Christiansted.
Dec 29th, 2008, 05:33 AM

There are about six grocery stores on St Croix. The closest to C'sted are Schooner Bay market and Food Town. Schooner Bay is toward the East and Food Town to the west in Little Princess. Schooner Bay also sells prepared food. Food Town has probably the best deli dept on the island. Produce at all stores is iffy depending on when the boat comes in. In Sunny Isle there is Plaza Market which is the largest on the island. Since St Croix is very multi ethnic you can find food from all over the world at Plaza Also almost right next to Plaza there is Cost You Less. This is like a Costco in the states. You don't need a membership card. I prefer to by beef there. They sell Black Canyon which is very good. They sell whole rotisserie chicken for $6 and it is probably the best chicken we've ever had. For liquor I find Plaza the cheapest. Be advised food is probably 25-35% more than the states. For produce there is a Farmers market on Sat AM in La Reine. You can also get fresh fish there. Be advised though that you have to go early 7-7:30 Am as they sell out fast. Fun thing to do to take in some local color. Enjoy your stay. We have been living on St Croix for a year now and love it.
Jan 11th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for your help!
We'll be there in March!!