Grenada - How to get there?

Jul 3rd, 2002, 06:03 AM
D

Grenada - How to get there?

Wonder what the best/most economical route is to get to Grenada. I have frequent flier miles that will get me anywhere within the US and also to Puerto Rico and Jamaica. I priced out the trip from Puerto Rico to Grenada and it's at $327. Is this as good as I'll get, or is there another, more direct route I'm not aware of?

Jul 3rd, 2002, 06:26 AM
cdt

Air Jamaica flies from Montego Bay to Grenada - may not be cheaper.

There are puddle jumpers to Grenada from Barbados and Trinidad.

Jul 3rd, 2002, 10:44 AM
Margo

American Airlines Eagle flies from Puerto Rico to Grenada. Have you tried Orbitz os some other company? I know that airfares are sky high right now and not getting any better.

Jul 16th, 2002, 07:46 AM
jill

Are there any non-stop flights from the US to Grenada other than out of JFK? Or, are any of the flights that connect through PR, Jamaica, etc, that aren't "puddle-jumpers"? I'm going with my family next April and some of the older members of the party aren't crazy about the little planes. Any help is appreciated!

Jul 16th, 2002, 09:15 AM
cdt

I'm pretty sure the Air Jamaica flights from Montego Bay to Grenada are on fairly large jets. The American flights from San Juan are on a relatively large turboprop - holds about 70 or 80 passengers, but rather slow and somewhat noisy.

Since American discontinued the Miami to Grenada directs, I don't know of any nonstops from the US except the twice-weekly JFK flight on Air Jamaica - unless you can find a nonstop charter.

Jul 18th, 2002, 08:20 AM
Abby

D-
I just returned from Grenada last night. From what I heard from other guests at my hotel (Lasource,excellent) the New YOrkers took direct flights from JFK to Grenada on American. So, if you are from NYC and have American miles you are set. Otherwise, they took AMerican to San Juan and then to Grenada. The only other airlines that seem to fly there are Air Jamaica (which might be affiliated with United?)and BWIA, which is what I took. The plane from NYC to Trinidad was big, then from Trinidad to Grenada was medium-size. I did not consider the second plane from Trini to Grenada that small. There were probably 30 seats on the plane. All flights were ontime and no major problems. YOu can also fly through Barbados.