More on Air Jamaica

Old Jul 21st, 2005, 01:41 PM
Original Poster

More on Air Jamaica

I just received a phone call (!) from Air Jamaica to advise me that my return from MBJ to BOS on 12/14 has also been cancelled.

They did the work of booking the return on USAir via Charlotte.

Alya, I have the time on the return to purchase that key chain for your daughter ;-)

As Tiverton said, in a related post, Air Jamaica is changing....minute by minute now, or so it would seem.

This is just a head's up for those traveling soon. Call and check, and have that glass of something to help pass the time you'll spend listening to *muzak* !

Marion
Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 05:20 AM

Air Jamaica has now unfortunately suspended all service from LOGAN to MoBay/Kingston. If you have tix already for travel Sept 2005 onward, they are rescheduling on US Air or Delta.
Other US cities/Caribbean island schedules for AJ have also changed, since they have dropped 'unprofitable'routes....
Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 09:12 AM
KVR

I've book twice on AJ to Jamaica; 2003 and May 2005, and both times they canceled my flights. I given up on them as both times we had to reschedule to another destination and they never called me or my TA to tell us the flights were canceled. I found out from others on various message boards. We only fly AA to the Caribbean. More reliable, less of a headache.
Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 11:11 AM

From East Coast outside of NYC/Atlanta/Phily and Charlotte hubs, American Airlines via Miami is now the least problemmatic way to get into MoBay. This fall, both Spirit (via Lauderdale) and Jet Blue (via where tba)
have established routes at cheapo prices to MBJ.
Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 11:30 AM

Marion

You are such a sweetheart!

How long is your layover?

IMHO Jamaica is worth the hassle
Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 11:44 AM
Original Poster

Yes Alya, it's worth it in my opinion too. I was just really spoiled with that direct flight from Logan.

If all goes on time, I'll have about 1 1/2 hours on my return...definitely time for a key chain for Charlotte from Charlotte

Let us know whether you'll be going to Treasure Beach or South Dakota.

Marion