Search

Grenada Cruise Stop

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21st, 2006, 05:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grenada Cruise Stop

We will be on the Crown Princess docking May 1 in Grenada. We love gorgeous beaches and scenery. Typically we like to book private tours (taxi?) for ourselves on each island.

Can anyone suggest "must-sees" while there for the day. Also, is there anyone who could give us a private island tour that is a genuinely nice person and also very knowledgeable (someone with lots of personality).

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Lois
Barbados Insider Tips
Old Dec 21st, 2006, 06:19 AM

Hi, Lois! Mandoo comes highly recommended as an island guide and he has his own website (I can't remember it right now). How many are in your group? He has a fairly large vehicle, kinda like a minibus, that has a/c. There are lots of good, reputable taxi drivers on the island and their names can be found in the enthusiastic trip reports over on www.grenadatravelforum.com. I rented a car the entire time in Grenada, so I can't help you with recs there.

Seeing the waterfalls and the lake at Grand Etang is quite beautiful. If you want gorgeous beachs with lots of facilites, Grand Anse is a real gem. Most of your fellow passengers will park there, I imagine. If you want a beach that is smaller but much more secluded, you could opt for spending the day at La Sagesse, which will be about 35-40 minutes away from the cruise ship dock. There's a restaurant on site and you can rent chairs there, too. Beautiful cove-like beach with lots of natural shade.

St. George's is a pretty little town and you might want to end your day there before boarding the ship. There's a great little place called Nutmeg which has large windows overlooking the harbour that serves great rum punch and rotis. Relatively inexpensive and nice views.
Old Jan 17th, 2007, 11:38 PM

Lois, I believe I'm on the same cruise you are. I'm not big on ship tours either, but for this port I'll probably do it. We're only in port for five hours AND I think we have to tender in. That's cutting it too close for me to risk a non ship sponsered tour. We're considering either the river tubing or one of the ones that visits the water falls, lake, etc.
Old Jan 18th, 2007, 04:33 AM

Ditto Mandoo
Old Jan 18th, 2007, 06:06 AM
Original Poster

Based on recommendations, I booked with Mandoo for the tour -- hope it's good. Hate giving up time at a gorgeous beach, but hopefully the tour will make up for that choice.

Lois