COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Grenada accomodations

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 04:19 AM
Jackie

Grenada accomodations

We're thinking about Grenada for our next vacation, but we're not sure where to stay. We prefer a cottage/condo/villa experience--really don't want just a hotel room--and have no desire to go anywhere all-inclusive. Our priorities are a relatively private setting that's still close to town and a great view (we usually go for hillside w/ a great ocean view, as opposed to beachfront). Our budget is about $200/night in the off-season. Can anyone help?

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 04:49 AM
wadadli

You cannot beat Blue Horizons cottage hotel. Great cottages and apartments, garden setting, couple of minutes walk to Grande Anse beach. You can also use the facilities and watersports gear at the sister hotel, Spice Island Resort ($$$$$). Well within your budget too, and only a short walk to shopping and eating places if you want to go out.

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 08:27 AM
R. Bailey

I second this. If you get one of the places at the top of the property the view over the ocean toward St. George's is pretty good too.

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 10:07 AM
pam

I went to Grenada many years ago on a cruise ship stop. I don't often see it mentioned anymore for a destination. It was one of my favorite islands that we stopped at for the day. I think you would like Grenada. It was an amazing Island with very friendly people.

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 02:55 PM
nick

If you want a hillside with a view you may want to consider the Flamboyant Hotel. It overlooks Grand Anse beach with the mountains and St. Georges in the distance.

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 01:32 PM
gg

Seems there was a lot of discussion about Grenada hotels on traveltalkonline.com a month or so ago. You might try that.