Search

Green Turtle Cay

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6th, 2001, 08:42 AM
Rebecca

Green Turtle Cay

Does anyone know if the New Plymouth Inn on Green Turtle Cay has closed? and if so, why? Do you have another place to recommend? This would be our first time there, and I'm just learning about it. I don't know how to pronounce Abaco? Can someone help? Thanks.

Old Nov 6th, 2001, 11:16 AM
Sue

Wow--I hope it hasn't closed! My husband and I stayed there during the summer of 1998 and it was fabulous! The room was quaint and nice--cental location for our diving with Brendal's and you could walk to stretches of beautiful white sand beaches. Plus the key lime pie, conch salad, and grilled grouper were amazing. Please post if you find out, because it is (was?) a great little inn. <BR> <BR>Thanks!

Old Nov 7th, 2001, 08:59 AM
AbacoPeach

You pronounce Abaco: Abba co. I am sure you will get your answer as far as Plymouth Inn on abacoboard.com.

Old Nov 7th, 2001, 12:59 PM
robert

Just north of GTC is another beautiful cay, about 7 miles long, called Guana Cay. We stayed at the Great Guana Cay Seaside Resort, and it was great. About a mile south of GTC off of Abaco. Hi Abaco Peach! Does Donna still run the golf carts on Guana? Robert

Old Nov 8th, 2001, 05:16 PM
Rebecca

Sue, I'm sorry to have alarmed you. I found out that the Inn does still exist. It sounds wonderful. I'm going to see what they have available. (They weren't listed on some of the websites, so I wondered if they were still around.)

Old Nov 14th, 2001, 10:58 AM
Michelle

Rebecca-<BR>The New Plymouth Inn is open. Wally Davies is the owner and has been for quite some time. A quaint Inn that has hosted several famous people, not to mention Presidents. You can not go wrong with the personal service and atmosphere. "Abaco" is pronounced as it is spelled, ABA-CO. Do not miss the Blue Bee Bar -home of the Goombay Smash, two drinks is all you need!

Old Nov 14th, 2001, 05:10 PM
Robert

Yep; the Blue Bee. had two drinks there years ago, and I waddled out as if I took a dozen stomach relaxers! Glad to hear GTC Inn is still open. Are there boats to rent on GTC? Is there a dive op there? How much does a week at the inn cost? Also, is Manjack Cay off of GTC, where the movie with Al Pacino ws filmed? Please advise. I stopped off on GTC when I was boating around with a rental from Riches Boat Rental in Marsh Harbor, and stopped in for only an hour. I remember thinking how much I'd love to go back for a longer stay. I love to go snorkeling too; is there shallow reefs around GTC? Please advise. I know its a lot of questions but please answer as many as you can or care to. Robert

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 08:03 AM
Roger

My wife and I visited the New Plymouth Inn in early January, 1995. Enjoyed it thoroughly. Wally Davies owned it; the black cook ran it from what I could determine. He's a fine cook. Enjoyed the leisurely dinners. Few guests that time of year so we ate family style with anyone who came in the doors including an Episcopalian minister named Adams from Massachusetts (related somehow?) My wife and I bonefished with a guide for about $130 for a half-day; good fun. Rented a boat for excursions for half a day- $60 is what I remember it costing. Blue Bee's, at the time run by an old abstainer, made a delicious Goombay Smash.

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 09:10 AM
AbacoPeach

Hello, Robert! Yes, Donna Sands still rents carts. She just went up on them this year. She has a website www.donnasands.com (I think) If that doesn't work, you could do a web search. I believe the regular carts are now $40.00 per day and there is a cheaper weekly rate. I recommend the bigger carts. They cost a little more but worth it -- especially if you want to explore the northern tip of Guana. Terrain has a few roughs spots heading north.

Old Nov 15th, 2001, 07:23 PM
robert

Thanks for the reply, Abaco Peach. I will track Donna down. Yes, we stayed at the Guana Seaside Village in Northern Guana several years ago, and rented the big golf carts. I like the unpredictable roads; it makes the vacation more adventurous. Thanks again. If I run into you I will buy you a KAKLIK. Robert

Old Mar 16th, 2004, 04:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did Wally Davies ever marry his English girlfriend?