Great packages for small resorts - Need help

Old Mar 25th, 2004, 06:09 AM
bosco

Great packages for small resorts - Need help

Hi. I'm posting again as I didn't receive any responses to my question yesterday. Does anyone know of any wholesalers that work with some of the upscale, small, boutique resorts, such as The Reefs in Bermuda and Biras Creek in the BVI? I hoping to find a package that includes hotel and airfare, but my travel agent mentioned that there are no participating wholesalers or suppliers. How does one go about finding a good package with some of the smaller resorts without going directly through the hotel and having to book hotel and air separately? Any feedback would be great!!!

Old Mar 25th, 2004, 08:09 AM

I don't think the "Reefs" offers any kind of package.. because they are a bit exclusive and have regular clients.

Have you checked websites like..
expedia.com or travelocity.com?
You can bid on trips at
skyauction.com... some include airfare..sorry I can't be of more help.
Old Mar 25th, 2004, 09:15 AM

www.ehi.com says it books Biras, but you will have to call to find out. I have found that some of these places represent that they book a resort but they really do not. Can't vouch for this place but I know I ran across it when I was considering BVI. Expedia represents that it books Biras but I couldn't get any dates to work. I believe you could get Long Bay or Prospect Reef through Expedia.
Old Mar 25th, 2004, 10:29 AM

Just curious... why not book your hotel and air separately? I find that package prices often aren't any better and booking separately allows more flexibility.
Old Mar 25th, 2004, 12:29 PM

I agree with Patty's post...we were able to find a better deal by doing our air and travel separately. Good luck with your travel planning!
Old Mar 25th, 2004, 02:01 PM
Sabine_Cordes

Some wholesalers have "premium collections" or "signature collections" where they will offer a high-end hotel as part of their product line. In Canada, Signature Vacations offers Nisbet Plantation. Other wholesalers such as Holiday House, Air Canada Vacations, American Airlines Vacations sometimes will offer places like Galley Bay, Ocean Club, Elbow Beach Resort, Hyatt.

I never seen Biras nor the Reefs offered as part of these collections.

Overall, wholesalers and small high-end boutique resorts are not compatible.

Old Mar 25th, 2004, 04:48 PM

How about LuxuryLink:

http://www.luxurylink.com/

You can bid on destinations or buy them outright. Just an idea.
Old Mar 26th, 2004, 05:35 AM
bosco

Thanks for the responses, everyone. I guess I've always had the impression that travel agents could offer a better rate or a discount on the total package if air and hotel were purchased together. I'll check it out. Thanks again!