Grand Lido Braco

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 01:40 PM
mo

Grand Lido Braco

Going for my second trip to Jamaica July 19-25. Staying on the au naturel side in a suite. Any tips? I'm not interested in any tours or anything but tell me what I should do and expect at Braco. I have been nude sunbathing before at GLSS and loved it.<BR>Thanks in advance!!!

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 12:45 PM
Angela

My husband and I stayed at GLB last year, and it was great! We have traveled all over and this was the most relaxing, entertaining, and fun vacation we have ever been on. The resort has a wide range of ages that stay there, so there is no specific age group that they cater to. The French restauarant was wonderful; men must wear jackets. We didn't stay on the au naturel side, but heard it was nice. You will have your own activities scheduled throughout the day, if you want to get involved. The staff tries to please you, and they are friendly. The golf course was so-so. We spent most of our time in the pool near the bar of course!! Also, if you want to go to the French place make reservations as soon as you get there--they get booked quick. Don't miss the carnival night on the beach, they have people dancing around and a man that dances with fire. That sort of stuff. <BR>We will be leaving for Couples Negril on the 16th--any suggestions on that resort? Have a great vacation.

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 03:44 PM
monique

It sounds almost like Grand Lido San Souci. I have no suggestions for Couples I haven't been there yet. But if they have a pool and a beac and decent food it can't be bad in jamcaica. I do think you'll miss the room service though. Have a great trip!!

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 05:41 PM
phil

You will love it. Food great, beach good, people are very friendly. Going for third time in September.

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 04:32 PM
Monique

I'm back the resort was beautiful. My room the food and service were perfect. <BR>However I wish to go that the swingers would stick to the Hedo resorts. I went with a girlfriend and was uncomfortable on more then one occasion. If you have not been to Jamaica yet and are thinking of going not everyone goes to Jamaica for sex and just because your a woman alone doesn't mean your looking for anything other then a nice vacation. Other then that it was perfect.

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 06:45 AM
Sue

Monique, <BR>We have booked Braco for October, please don't tell me the resort has taken on a "Hedo" like atmosphere. That is just the sort of thing we want avoid. Been told this is a First Class Resort (trip reports seem to indicate this) however the fact that you & your friend were "UNCOMFORTABLE" on more than one occasion concerns me. Guests should be made aware that the particular week they booked will include swingers and if you find that sort of thing offensive perhaps you should book another week or another resort.

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 09:51 AM
Monique

I went with my friend, not myhusband this was probably the main problem. Also we were on the a/n side which I enjoyed but maybe some of the guest had the wrong idea about why 2 women were there. Not everyone buy any means. No there were no special groups that I am aware of that week. The resort itself was perfect great food, rooms, staff beach etc. Just watch out for odd guests is all!! LOL you should have a great time. I would ggo back to any lido just not without hubby I don't think.

Old Aug 4th, 2001, 12:42 PM
Sue

Thanks for responding Monique. We too will be on the a/n side of the property. Glad to hear that you and your girlfriend enjoyed the resort despite what happened. It's just a shame that 2 women cannot travel alone without some idiot or idiots presuming that you are there for anything more than a restful vacation. My husband and I are looking forward to a wonderful week, thanks so much for your advice.Sue