Search

Atlantis vs. Clarion

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 07:35 AM
heather

Atlantis vs. Clarion

Hi There: <BR> <BR>Need advice. My husband has a two night conference at Atlantis in Sept. We're thinking of spending an additional 2 nights in the Bahamas, but someone suggested that we go to the Clarion near Lyford Cay rather than Atlantis for those nights. <BR> <BR>Are there quiet, more secluded pools/beaches at Atlantis? Is the Clarion close enough that we don't have to lose half a day travelling between resorts? Is there snorkelling at Atlantis? <BR> <BR>Thx!

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 07:49 AM
DIXIE

Wow, talk about two compleatly different hotels. The Clarion is about 1/2 hour drive from Downtown Nassau. It is quiet, very quiet. Not fancy or deluxe at all. Be careful with the room category that you choose, some are way down the road from the main buildings and beach. There is snorkleing at the Atlantis. If you want to go to another resort look at Radisson on Cable Beach.

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 09:21 AM
Penney

I agree - they are very different. The Clarions is located of theopposite side of the island - nice quiet area, nice beach and golf, small pool and it is by no means a first class place. Clarions has done alot to update and fix upto joint but it is a casual and lower end place. Do need to get a room on the beach if you want to be by the beach and pool - main hotel rooms are nice but up on the hill by the golf course. <BR>Taxi and shuttles go into town frequently.

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 11:33 AM
Laurie

I would go with Atlantis. Everything you need is right at Atlantis, you don't even need to leave the grounds. It is a first-rate luxurious hotel with so many pools and plenty of beach, I don't think you'll ever feel crowded. The Clarion can't even compare and would look old and dingy compared to Atlantis.

Old Aug 4th, 2001, 02:06 PM
Barbara

If the hustle and bustle of the Atlantis becomes too much, go to THE OCEAN CLUB for a few days. It's usually pretty expensive, but they sometimes have specials. It is a part of the Atlantis but is super luxurious with it's own beach, intimate restaurants (the Atlantis feeds 1000's at a time) tennis courts, spa, etc. You can walk to the Atlanis and still use all their facilities but stay in low rise buildings overlooking the Ocean. The staff will pamper you alot more than the Atlantis staff will. Just an idea. Oh, don't eat in the restaurant in the Courtyard, it's a rip off, eat at The Dune it's much better.