Reload this Page >

Grand Cayman-Hyatt and ????

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 12:14 PM
Kelly

We are staying at the Hyatt Grand Cayman in October for a business trip. We'd like to extend our stay for 3 nights beyond the business trip at another hotel. We have enough Marriott rewards to stay 3 extra nights, but are wondering if the Grand Cayman Marriott is worth cashing them in. Any suggestions?

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 12:31 PM
cayman420

yes, it's worth it. I think it's a much better property than the Hyatt.

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 01:19 PM
Kelly

Thanks! I am asking because I heard the beach was practically gone and the pool was small. Heard otherwise?

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 05:25 PM
Sandra

The beach IS gone. Friends of mine just returned and they were very disappointed.

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 06:34 AM
cayman420

You will not be sad with your decision, 7 mile beach is very large and you will have plenty of room north of the property. The island will not be crowded in October unless you will be there for pirates week. Maybe you should consider a condo rental for a few days. Check out www.caymanvillas.com

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 07:18 PM
allen

There is very little beach at the Marriott. Since it is still off season,<BR>you may get as good a deal at a <BR>different property with a better part of 7MB. And watch out for <BR>cayman420, since they may not <BR>represent your best interest. <BR>A condo is certainly the way to go, but<BR>if you're on business, do you want<BR>to share a condo with those you are staying on with. If so, try:<BR>Avalon & Coralstone. They have 3 bedroom condos, with the best part of 7MB. <BR>Have fun.

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 07:48 PM
Heather

Kelly, <BR>Stayed at the Marriott in Feb. 2002. The beach is very narrow but I would still recommend it. I also used my points and enjoyed my stay there.

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 07:41 AM
Cheryl

I stayed at the Hyatt in July and was not disappointed...service was excellent, facilities and grounds were surpurb. Looking forward to going back again next year. Fabulous island, is right up there with Aruba. We did however take a walk down to the Marriott and yes the beach is pretty much gone - just wide enough for one lounge chair. Hotel itself in my opinion did not compare with Hyatt. We also checked out the Westin which looked very nice as well, great beach, grounds etc. Anyhow where ever you choose you will have a great time!