Search

Graduation trip

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15th, 2003, 09:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Graduation trip

I would like to take my 18 yr old twin daughters on a caribbean vacation late next month as a graduation present. Last year we spent 10 days in St. Thomas and had a great time, but would like to try something different this year. We are interested mostly in the beach and beach activities including snorkling etc. maybe even a little beach volleyball. I have been reading good reports on your web-page re: Anguilla. Any other ideas? A little sightseeing would also be of interest. Food is not our main goal.
thanks.
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 02:23 AM

Anguilla is mostly about beaches (33 or so) and food (80+ restaurants). There's is good snorkeling but no beach activities anywhere; no sightseeing (small, arid, flat island); & no shopping. It's a fabulous place to veg out but maybe not so great for 18 year olds.
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 02:51 AM

For beach and beach activities, it's hard to beat Grand Cayman. Seven Mile Beach is gorgeous, and there is snorkeling from the beach all over the island. Check out www.caymanvacations.com for info. There's everything from parasailing to jet skies, and Stingray Sandbar is a must!!
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 03:44 AM

how about Cancun or the Mayan Riviera? Great beaches. I went when I was 21 and loved it. The riviera is good because your not in the hussle of the main city, but you still get great beaches, and nice resorts.
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 06:19 AM

If you are looking for skiing, kayaking and so on in the form of beach activities, this can be had on Anguilla.

In July, there is alot of Nightlife and stuff on Anguilla as our Carnival starts just around that time so they would be able to go out and lime.

I think you 18 yr olds will love Anguilla.