Going to Punta Cana on Apple

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 09:14 AM
Katherine

Going to Punta Cana on Apple

My boyfirend and I got a great deal with Apple Vacations to Punta Cana in July. We got a 5 apple all inclusive. Has anyone gone to Punta Cana with Apple? Any advice or heads up? Any info would be great. I have heard mixed things about Apple in Punta Cana.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 09:31 AM
cathy

I went to Punta Cana in Jul2000 through Apple Vacations and stayed at bavaro Grand. The week I was there the resort was being sold to another company and the service and attitude of the staff was poor. I was sorry that I stayed there and not Rui Palace where the beach was much more beautiful. I don't know what Bavaro Grand is now called.

Also, I drank only bottled water and I still got sick. I was sick the whole week at home after my vacation. Don't drink too many fruit smoothies and be careful of salads as well.

There are several wonderful excursions to take. There is a fun jet ski / snorkeling trip. We also visited a zoo park and swam with dolphins. Take plenty of sunscreen; the sun is very hot.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 09:42 AM
xxxx

I just talked to my travel agent this weekend and she said she vacationed at the Paradisus Punta Cana and had a great time. There is a board that other posters here have recommended -- Debbiesdominicantravel.com (Debbies Dominican Travel) or something like that --see older posts above--several people took the Apple Tours.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 07:40 PM
Gloria

We are also booked on an Apple vacation to Punta Cana leaving Pittsburgh on July 12. My husband and I are going along with my two teenage daughters. We are staying at the Sunscape which is managed by Apple as is Secrets Excellence, a couples only and more luxurious resort. My travel agent tells me that nearly every day a few new arrivals are asked if they want to upgrade to Secrets. Sunscape is perfect for us as a family but if I were going with just my husband I would accept the free upgrade immediately. Go to http://www.jmtravel.com/punta.htm for a great overall review on Punta Cana and info on several resorts. Hope we have good weather.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 03:53 AM
Lynette

I was reading reviews from past travelers and they said that Secrets Excellence has a beautiful pool but the ocean is rough if that is of importance.