Girls 40th Birthday Trip!

Old May 19th, 2021, 12:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Girls 40th Birthday Trip!

Hello! I am turning 40 and the end of October and Iím planning a birthday trip for myself to an island in the Caribbean. Most of us are moms and so we are looking for mostly full-service, relaxation, breathtaking views, some good music and drinks, as well as a little bit of adventure. In this current pandemic atmosphere (where all the girls going are vaccinated), what is the ideal island(s) to go celebrate? And what are the more quality all-inclusive resorts? Currently Turks, St. Thomas, St. Lucia are on the table but we are open to them all! Thank you!
Old May 19th, 2021, 05:45 PM

Welcome to Fodor's! Sorry but none of my Caribbean experiences match what you are seeking. Would you be open to the Mayan Riviera (the Caribbean coast of Mexico)? There are many wonderful AIs there. You get the ocean of the caribbean sea but the prices and service of Mexican hospitality.
Old May 21st, 2021, 01:21 AM

October is hurricane season, not sure I would plan a birthday trip at that time in the Caribbean.

T&C might fulfil some of the wishlist but not sure about adventure. St Lucia certainly has spectacular views around the Pitons and some upscale hotels that could meet the requirements, but October is not a great time to visit IMO. Mayan Riviera is a great option but I would be concerned about hurricanes. Aruba is further south and a little out of the hurricane belt but can still be affected by hurricanes. It could also meet your requirements.

You need to study the entry requirements for each island you want to go to for COVID and make sure the island you go to has facilities for antigen testing so you can get back home. T&C for instance needs travel insurance that would cover medical costs for COVID including repatriation and quarantine, you need to have a negative test to enter, you need to get pre approval to travel via an application on a portal submitting insurance and covid test results plus other info.
Old May 21st, 2021, 05:16 PM

You need to check the weather for October in all of these places, as mentioned. Where are you starting out (home airport)? Do you really need an "all inclusive"? How about Hawaii instead?
Old May 23rd, 2021, 09:57 AM

I know Curacao isn't a place with a lot of All-inclusives but they are also outside the hurricane zone. I've been in both Aruba and Curacoa in mid- November off of a cruise ship, we did touring with local naturualists.

As far as COVID, I think they both had spring spikes but be sure to read the entry requirements before deciding.
Old May 24th, 2021, 09:02 AM

St Thomas doesn't really meet your needs. Much more of a do-it-yourself place. No fancy AIs.
Old May 24th, 2021, 10:26 AM

You will find the most all-inclusive resorts in either Mexico's Riviera Maya area or the Dominican republic.
Old May 24th, 2021, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by schmerl View Post
You will find the most all-inclusive resorts in either Mexico's Riviera Maya area or the Dominican republic.
October is not a great month for either of those places.

Maybe Aruba would work out best. It was a lot more American touristy than Curacao though. Maybe that's what they want.