Getting married in the Caymans?

Aug 4th, 2003, 04:43 PM
honeymooner14

Getting married in the Caymans?

Has anyone gotten married on Grand Cayman? Any places that you could recommend for the ceremony (beaches, etc...)? We would also have around 10 people or so with us. Any recommendations for resorts or condos? What kind of fun things are there to do for large groups? Is there enough on this island to keep everyone busy for a week? Thanks!

Aug 5th, 2003, 04:12 AM

Hi. I don't have any experiences yet...but we are getting married on the beach at sunset in December by Cayman Weddings. The ceremony will be at their private beach on northern 7MB. Afterward we are taking family and friends (about 10 people) to The Reef Grill for dinner. We are staying at Villas of the Galleon condos.
Aug 5th, 2003, 12:01 PM
honeymooner14

Kristen,
Thanks for your help! How much is the wedding service costing you? Is there a website I can visit for Cayman Weddings? Thanks again!

Aug 5th, 2003, 12:11 PM

The basic service is $600. That is what we are going with...plus a photographer at $300. They have several different packages. The web site is~

www.caymanweddings.com.ky

I have been communicating with them for a while now and they have been very helpful, responsive and friendly.

When are you getting married?

Aug 5th, 2003, 04:54 PM
honeymooner14

We are getting married NEXT August, and are going crazy trying to pick 2 islands -- one for the wedding and one for the honeymoon. What made you pick Grand Cayman? Have you been to other Caribbean islands? I haven't, so if you have any tips, let me know! Thanks for the website, I will definitely check it out.

Aug 6th, 2003, 04:31 AM

We picked GC because we had heard so many great things about it....beautiful beaches, great snorkeling, good resturants etc...

Plus it's someplace we had never been before.

I have also been to Aruba...we loved it there too. I was actually torn between getting married there vs. GC. The other islands we were considering were the British Virgin Islands...also never been there but heard great things. So it was a toss up between the BVI and GC after we ruked out Aruba just because we were just there last year.

And I've been to the Bahamas and quick stops at Puerto Rico and St. Thomas on a cruise.

As far a activities on GC, there is Stingray City, the Turtle farm, Rum Point, snorkeling and SCUBA etc... so I think there would be plenty to keep everyone occupied.