Getting Married

Jul 9th, 2002, 08:21 AM
Monica

Getting Married

I will be getting married in June of 2003 and want it to be a beach ceremony on an island (preferably in the Caribbean). This was inspired from my best friend just getting married in Hawaii! I would like for the island to accomodate family members (some with children) as well as myself, meaning: reasonably priced, many activities for everyone, accessible to shopping yet still be lush in areas. Plus, I need a coordinator. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Jul 9th, 2002, 01:39 PM
xxx

I'd say do an all inclusive that allows children. There's always lots of activites plus then there won't be big decisions on what/where to eat, etc. There's not much shopping in Negril but Jamaica is lush. Maybe see Beaches Sandy Bay for the more economical, see what the reviews have been at Beaches Boscobel in Ocho Rios. That one just opened so don't weigh so much on the early reviews.

Jul 9th, 2002, 02:21 PM
linda

why not do a cruise and get married on a beach? Would be easy for all and plenty of activities/no hassles coordinating things. Some friend of mine did this last year with families and had a ball.

Jul 20th, 2002, 12:05 PM
Monica

Thanks so much for your input. Does anybody else have any ideas? Thanks!

Jul 20th, 2002, 01:33 PM
Valerie

Although I have only been there once for a conference, I was very impressed by the Half Moon Bay Resort in Montego Bay, Jamaica - it is first class in terms of accomodation (everything from suites to villas with your own personal butler, cook and housekeeper- we had a five bedroom villa during the conference - beautiful!), things to do, variety of restaurants on property (at least 7 resturants), a small shopping centre also on property, golf course, tennis courts, spa, you name it. I also recently discovered through their website and a friend that they also do weddings - large or small. My friend had her wedding there this past May and it is certainly a consideration for my wedding in May 2003. You should check out the website for which has detailed info on their wedding packages and arrangements.

Jul 20th, 2002, 03:33 PM
S

We just got married at Beaches Negril in Jamaica. That is an all inclusive resort which allows singles and children as well as couples. If you stay five nights total, the basic wedding package is included. We got married in a garden, but also had pictures on the beach. It was so easy (we met with the wedding coordinator the day before, made a few decisions and then just showed up). It was perfect and I'm so glad that we did it the way that we did. Good luck with your planning.