Search

Get to Cuba

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2001, 12:57 PM
SInead

Get to Cuba

Hi, <BR> <BR>We plan to travel from Florida to Cuba, and from there to Mexico. <BR> <BR>Is this possible?? <BR> <BR>I'd be greatful if youd let me know <BR> <BR>SineaD

Old Feb 3rd, 2001, 10:02 PM
silent messenger

not if you are a U.S. Citizen and there are no commercial flights

Old Feb 4th, 2001, 10:59 AM
sue

You need to travel from Florida to Mexico to Cuba. Any Mexican travel agent can get you to Cuba. Or, you can travel from Florida to the Bahamas to Cuba to Mexico.

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 08:24 AM
NotChe'

Please dont take this the wrong way, Im not trying to be rude. <BR> <BR>The lack of knowledge regarding Cuba/USA policy never ceases to amaze me. This is a policy that has been in effect for more than 30 years. I guess I blame it on the educational system of the USA. <BR> <BR>I bet there aren't any Cubans who don't know that American aren't allowed to travel freely to their country, muchless Cubans to the USA. <BR> <BR>Anyway, I am planning, or thinking of planning an excursion from Mexico to Havana. Hope you have god luck as well.

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 12:18 PM
TG

It is not illegal to travel to Cuba. It is illegal to spend money there. You would have to travel from Canada, Mexico, the Bahamas, etc. to get to Cuba. Many tours like gorp.com or national geographic offer tours there. Or, check with your local college. Sometimes they have educational explorations to Cuba.

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 01:16 PM
calypso

For reference...go to the U.S. State Dept. website at <BR>http://travel.state.gov/cuba.html <BR> <BR>

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 09:07 AM
tweedy

Don't think you can travel from the US to Cuba. You really should think about a direct flight to Mexico. Stopping anywhere would take alot longer and the flights from Florida are not long.

Old Apr 2nd, 2001, 03:48 PM
Mike

A guy I work with went to Cuba very easily from Dominican Republic----they said their passports were stamped "Bank" upon entering Cuba===no problems at all arriving thru U.S. customs on the end of trip

Old Apr 30th, 2001, 09:37 AM
Kathy

I am an American and went to Cuba last November and flew out of Miami. Few people know about these flights and the government seems to want to keep them quiet. I traveled with an organization called "Cross Cultural Solutions". You can find them on the web. I loved it. We stayed at the St John hotel in Havana and also went to Pinar Del Rio for 2 days. Not only did we see the usual sights, but we also visited a children's hospital, a biosphere and a botanical garden. We did not spend any time at the beach- that is not what this kind of trip is all about. I would recommend using a group like this to get to Cuba and help you cut through the red tape.