GC restaurant recommendations

Old Jul 24th, 2003, 08:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GC restaurant recommendations

I was hoping that the more exprienced GC travelers could recommend a few not to be missed resaturants...both the more expensive nice dinner out places and the the more fun, casual, less expensive places.

Many thanks!
Old Jul 24th, 2003, 09:10 AM

We really enjoy The Cracked Conch, which is across from the turtle farm. Awesome view from their open back deck. A mango pina colada and I'm in heaven! You can see their menu at http://www.caymanrestaurants.com/
Old Jul 24th, 2003, 10:07 AM

You do not want to miss out on Smugglers's Cove or the Reef Grill. These are two that always get rave reviews, and with good reason.

At Smuggler's, try the jerk duck appetizer, it's amazing. And for your main course, their signature lobster stuffed filet mignon is to die for. You won't be sorry with this place.

At the Reef Grill, try the shrimp eggroll for an appetizer, which is outstanding. Then again, I'd highly recommend their signature dish which is Chilean Sea Bass, a truly wonderful dish. We usually eat here twice during our stay, just to eat the sea bass both times, it's that good!!

One place we just discovered on our last trip was the Calypso Grill. They offer a fishcake appetizer that is unbelievable. We both had grilled Mahi Mahi for our dinner, and loved it. We will be back to this place for sure.

99% of all the restaurants are casual in GC. At the nicer places, I'd recommend nice shorts & a golf shirt for guys, and maybe a sundress for the ladies. Leave the long pants & dress jackets at home.

The 3 recommendations I've mentioned are all upper end places, and are a bit pricey, but as you will find out, GC is not a cheap place to eat & drink. Enjoy!!
Old Jul 24th, 2003, 10:11 AM
Original Poster

Thanks guys...exactly the type of info I was looking for!
Old Jul 24th, 2003, 03:20 PM

Kristen,
Also check out the Lighthouse restaurant. It's a 20 min. drive from Georgetown in an area called Breakers. Great food and great atmosphere. Pricey, but worth it!!
Sandy
Old Jul 25th, 2003, 09:18 AM

Just got back last week from GC. We had dinner at a few wonderful places. The top 3 would be Grand Old House which has a pianist play during dinner, Calypso Grill which has a very casual and fun setting.... but if there is one restaurant to hit. I would HIGHLY recommend the Lighthouse. Having dinner on the pier over the water is very romantic and the food/service is exceptional. One catch, Lighthouse is 25 minutes away from SMB so if you cab it, it will run you close to 50 USD each way but it was well worth it.
Old Jul 25th, 2003, 05:28 PM

There is an extensive choice of very appealing places to eat in GC: Lighthouse, On the Rocks, Athena's, Bed, Edoardo's, Captain Hook's - many gourmet and elegant as well as very casual places like Eats and the Outback. Whatever your pleasure, you will find it on GC.