Search

four seasons

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 05:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
four seasons

Hi
I am looking for information about staying at the Four Seasons in Nevis.

Is it nice? Would you recommend it. We have been to Cap Juluca in Anguilla and really enjoyed it. It is quiet and the restuarants were great. we do not have any children so we would prefer something that was more adult orriented.

is there any place else you would suggest
any advice would be greatly appreciated
i need a place that has high speed internet access

thank you very much
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 06:25 AM

If you liked Cap, you'll like Parrot Cay in Turks and Caicos.
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 06:52 AM
Original Poster

thank you i will lokk into it
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 07:09 AM

Four Season in Nevis is fabulous!! If you like Cap Juluca you will enjoy Four Seasons in Nevis.

Nevis is a beautiful, unspoilt island, with a rainforest, uncrowded beaches, friendly locals, safe, unhurried. You can take a day trip to sister island of Nevis.

A web site you might find helpful is www.discover-stkitts-nevis-beaches.com
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 07:10 AM

Woops! I meant sister island of St. Kitts.
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 07:42 AM

I have stayed at FS Nevis and would not return.

Nevis is my very favorite island, but we did not care for the FS. I thought it was completely different from Cap Juluca.

You might want to look at tripadvisor.com and maybe some of the other reviews.

I have read recently that the place is drawing lots of families with kids. It has been awhile since we were there, and it was low season. We did not see many children.

We have no kids either and so search out places with few or no children.

My recommendations on Nevis - Montpelier or Nisbet or a private villa.

Elsewhere - Little Dix on Virgin Gorda, Round Hill or Strawberry Hill or Jamaica Inn on Jamaica, Pink Sands in the Bahamas, Petit St Vincent in the Grenadines.

It seems like the places with a really nice pool attract those kiddies, so keep that in mind.
Old Jun 24th, 2005, 04:29 PM

We loved FS in Nevis but we scheduled it for the second week of Dec. and had only a few children.That is a problem in a number of places unless you go to a place like Parrot Key in the Turks or Petit St. Vincent Resort.
Old Jun 25th, 2005, 03:52 AM

We stayed at fs nevis in march when it was full during spring vacation for kids. We loved it. It seemed to have two distinct areas. The area by the kids pool and beach were very active but the beach at the other end was quiet. The adult pool was heavenly and so was the end of the beach towards sunshines. We had no problem at any time of day getting beach chairs with umbrellas and there were 6 of us. The restaurants were excellent. We do alot of luxury travel and were not at all disappointed with fs nevis.
Old Jun 25th, 2005, 12:55 PM

pcall - as a PP mentioned there are 2 pool areas for kids and adults. I have been there when there are a lot of kids and times when there are hardly any at all. Kind of depends on the time of year (school vacations, etc) it is a lovely property. I would also recommend Nisbet, but the Four Seasons is a luxury resort and has more amenities. I think you would be happy with the FS.
Old Jun 27th, 2005, 04:59 AM
CFR

My husband and I honeymooned at the FS last January and could not have had a more fabulous trip. The island is beautiful, the people are wonderful and, as expected, the service is perfect. Because we were traveling in the middle of January, there were very few children but those who were there were delightful. I agree that the resort did a remarkable job of creating a "family" area and a "couples" area. Our room was literally a stone's throw from Sunshine's and it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop.
Old Jun 27th, 2005, 02:50 PM

We just returned from FS Nevis and loved it. I posted my review on tripadvisor. It's dated June 25th and titled "Beautiful Setting, but Review Your Bill."

Our children accompanied us, and we met other families with young children. We also met many honeymooners and couples vacationing sans children. I love the fact that the resort has two separate pools: One for quiet, one for families. Many of the honeymooners came over to the family pool to socialize with those of us with kids.

The Main Dining Room is outstanding. Most of us with young children reserved tables when it opened (6:00 PM), so dine later if you want to avoid the kiddies. The Pool Cabana is excellent for lunch. Neve has a nice breakfast, but we dined there once for dinner and did not enjoy it.

If you want to avoid the crowds and children, then you may not want to visit during Christmas break, Spring Break/Easter and during the President's Day holiday in February. The resort personnel told me that those are very busy times for them. There are children during the months of June, July and August, but I've been told that the numbers are much lower than during the major school holiday breaks.

Although we didn't take advantage of it, other guests commented on how efficient their business center was. High-speed Internet access is available from your room.

The spa is lovely and so is the golf course. One tip: Book your spa appointments and tee times in advance, if possible. This can easily be done via email. You can always make adjustments when you arrive. I'm so glad I booked ours in advance because some guests seemed disappointed at not getting the dates/times they desired. In the event of a large wedding or corporate outing at the resort, advanced bookings can prevent any headaches.

Nevis is very quiet and relaxing. The FS service is excellent, and the food is superb.

I see you've been to Anguilla. Ironically, we are looking to go there next year. We're looking for a resort that is child-friendly (welcoming vs. just tolerated), has outstanding food and nice accommodations. I'll have to post something on the Anguilla board...
Old Jun 28th, 2005, 05:50 AM

The Four Seasons Resort in Nevis will launch a $10 million renovation program in late August that will include a new pool and waterfront dining venue, as well as refurbishments to its two luxury suites and nearly half of its guest rooms. The new developments are slated for completion by the end of the year.

The enhancements, which will take place over a period of 3-4 months, will occur with minimal impact to the existing facilities and guest experience. The highlights include a new free-form pool and beachside restaurant with views of the Caribbean Sea. The pool will be located on the southside of the property and will complement the resort's 2 existing pools: the Garden Pool, designed for relation and Ocean Pool, which caters to families.

The new 120-seat restaurant named Mango will be located within a short stroll up Pinney's Beach. It will feature casual, open-air dining with a menu of grilled specialties highlighting local flavours including the Caribbean Spiny Lobster.

Old Jun 28th, 2005, 07:11 AM
Sunnyboy

The 4S has actually started renovations of the "new" restaurant. It's located on the water's edge where the Hermitage Beach Club (formerly the Beachcomber) use to be, just north of the 18th green of the golf course.