Reload this Page >

Food cost in St. John/St. Thomas

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15th, 2002, 03:42 PM
Karen

Trying to get some cost estimates on food in St. John. I've heard it's expensive but expensive means different things to differnt people. Can anyone give me the average price of meals there?

Old Dec 15th, 2002, 04:45 PM
sally

We went there a year and a half ago and we didn't find the food expensive,it just depends on what type of place you go to.It's the same as probably in any big city,you can find a meal in all ranges,but it wasn't as tho we were shocked by any place we went to.Unless you're going on a extremely tight budget,don't worry and have fun.

Old Dec 15th, 2002, 04:50 PM
Mary

I live in the NY metro area. I did not find food costs on St John to be expensive at all. The restaurants were on a par with what we have here. Entree's in the $18-$30 range at the higher end restaurants but easy to find a dinner for two for under $50. Cafe Roma, Duffy's, Morgan's Mango etc. Chilly Billy's has an excellent breakfast..... under $15 for two of us.<BR>Groceries were somewhat more expensive but not enough to get excited about. Some items outrageous, ice cream for example is extremely expensive but so what? There are lots of other things to have instead. <BR>Relax and enjoy!

Old Dec 15th, 2002, 04:59 PM
Anna

We visited St John in November 2002. Our cheapest dinner was about $30 for two at the barbecue place by the national park dock. Entree's were $18 and up at most of the restaurants. We usually spent $70 to $100 on dinner with an appetizer and a drink or two. Groceries were higher than at home, but not outrageous.

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 08:09 AM
Michael

Best Bets on a Budget for St. John:<BR><BR>Good food, good people:<BR><BR>Lunch: Sun Dog Cafe Mongoose Junction; Skinny Legs Coral Bay<BR><BR>Dinner: Uncle Joe's BBQ Cruz Bay, <BR><BR>there are other local stands and stuff, these are the sit down choices