Search

FLIGHTS TO ST.MAARTEN

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25th, 2005, 06:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FLIGHTS TO ST.MAARTEN

Is it easy to find a flight from Fort Lauderdale or from Tampa to St. Maarten. We're Cdns. and Westjet flies to both places and we're looking for the best deal to get there. Also, as we're going in March, when would be the time to book a flight? Is waiting until Dec/Jan too late?
Old Aug 25th, 2005, 07:02 AM

Because St. Maarten is an international destination, most flights are out of Miami, rather than the domestic airports. However, I have flown between Ft. Lauderdale and St. Maarten on occassion...I just think the flights are farther and fewer between in scheduling.

I would check expedia.com for both Tampa and Ft. Lauderdale to St. Maarten to see what you come up with as far as possibilities. If you can get a better deal from Miami, bear in mind that there is a shuttle that runs from Ft. Lauderdale airport to Miami International (they are only about a half hour apart, depending on traffic).

As far as when to book, I don't think that December/January would be too late, but I wouldn't wait much longer than that because the availability might not be there.
Old Aug 25th, 2005, 07:20 AM

I agree with Statia. I don't think you're going to find anything direct to St. Martin from either Ft. Lauderdale or Tampa. You'll probably have at least one stop and some long layovers. Your best bet is to fly into Ft. Lauderdale and get to Miami.

Can you fly into Charlotte, NC? You might have better luck with that.
Old Aug 25th, 2005, 03:11 PM

American Airlines has a non-stop flight to St. Maarten. From Fort Lauderdale you have to go via San Juan.

Depending on when you are travelling in March, I wouldn't wait too long to book. Space fills up quickly at that time of year.

You can contact me directly if you have any questions. I have been travelling to the Caribbean for years.
Old Aug 25th, 2005, 10:23 PM

We're told that SPIRIT, expected to add routes from Boston to Lauderdale to Montego Bay this fall, has just announced same -- with low inaugural pricing. I'd check to see if St.Maarten
in their new route plans as well...