Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

First lesson,small hotels are not on real time as far as booking (Ku)

Aug 28th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Original Poster

I just learned the hard way that small hotels website's are not necessarily on real time. I checked Ku's (Angulla) website, confirmed availability, booked flight, and then booked hotel only to recieve an email the next day saying hotel is booked. After many calls, I finally learned that it's not easy for them to keep the system current due to constant changes. On a positive note, the manager has been the most apologetic and accomadating and is doing everything in her power to help rearrange my trip since I have my heart set on staying at the Ku. Now I know to verify reservations before booking the flight.
Aug 28th, 2007, 04:43 PM

Shoal Bay Villas is RIGHT next door (spittin' distance) -- same beach; same air; same ambiance. Also a very loyal following.
Aug 28th, 2007, 04:54 PM

That's really disappointing. I hope you find something else that works for you. Your post reminded me of an old one:
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...5&tid=34884850

Aug 28th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Original Poster

Fortunately I'm flexible, so they are paying for the fee to change the flights. I looked up Shoal Bay Villas and they were $35 more a night, which isn't much, but over 5 nights plus the taxes.... I understand where they're coming from (though the first girl couldn't explain that), but on the other hand it says "book now" not "inquire for availability and we'll get back to you". Oh well, I only mentioned because as much as I've gone thru the posts, I haven't seen this advice. I forgot about the link above, but she didn't say why, now I can only guess it's the same reason.
Aug 28th, 2007, 10:04 PM

I'm sorry to say this - but if they accept your booking (by whatever method) they should honor it for the dates you have booked without you having to make "many calls"

If they can't work with internet bookings then they should even try - It sounds like someone messed up and they are trying to cover themselves, I hope they are usually more organised.

It's very nice that they are paying for the flight changes since that wasn't your fault.

I'm sure you'll have a good time