Search

Feedback on Allegro in TC?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29th, 2003, 02:38 PM
Ash
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Feedback on Allegro in TC?

I haven't been to TC yet and had heard mixed reviews on this place. I have had a bad experience at an AI before and am a little gun shy. Should I go with a non AI place in TC or will the eating out eat up all my cash? Thanks for any info.
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 02:44 PM

Hi Ash (again!) :0)

We stayed at the Allegro T&C last year and had a wonderful vacation there. The rooms could stand a little updating but the rest of the resort is nice. The pool area is large and the beach, Grace Bay, can't be beat. I would recommend T&C to anyone in a heartbeat - as a matter of fact, we are headed back there this June, staying at Beaches. Again, have fun planning your honeymoon
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 03:14 PM
Ash
Original Poster

MuyLinda,

Thanks for the input. Is there any nightlife at all in TC. I don't mean night clubs or anything like that...just a couple of bars with people hanging out. Maybe some music and some dancing?

Old Apr 30th, 2003, 04:42 AM

Hi Ash - I really can't answer regarding nightlife outside of the resorts. When we stayed at the Allegro, we just went to their shows every night which were okay - the staff really goes over and above to try and be entertaining. There has to be some sort of nightlife - hopefully others who have been to T&C can answer your question.
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 04:45 AM

MuyLinda - How was the food at the buffets and at the restaurants? What was your favorite meal there and your least favorite?
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 08:17 AM

Hi Mariarosa - we really didn't have a bad meal at the Allegro. Food for all three meals and snacks at the buffet restaurant is always varied and plentiful. We only tried the Italian specialty restaurant once and it was good. As for a favorite meal, I didn't have one but I can tell you my daughter and I ate our share of homemade, warm cookies at the afternoon tea.
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 12:22 PM
Ash
Original Poster

MuyLinda,

I think I'm going to pull the trigger. I can get the hotel for $130 pp per night. Good deal, ok deal, bad deal? Also, would you suggest renting a car for our time there? Thanks aas always. Ash
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 02:31 PM

Hi Ash - $130 per night, pp doesn't sound like a bad deal at all - especially if you get a good deal on your flight. We did a package out of Boston so airfare and transfer was included. I think we paid $1300 each for all three of us last year. I say go for it - the Allegro is a great bargain if you go knowing not to expect a 5-star resort. I would stay there again in a heartbeat - we just wanted to give Beaches a try this year. One last thought - if you book, request Building #5. It's the only true oceanfront building and if memory serves me, the rooms are a tad bigger over there, and they are away from the noise of the nightly entertainment, but centrally located to everything else. Let me know if you have any other questions. Linda :0)
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 04:27 PM
Ash
Original Poster

MuyLinda,

Thanks so much for the info. I really appreciate it! Any suggestion on renting a vehicle or not?
Old May 1st, 2003, 05:20 AM

Hi Ash - I would say that we probably wouldn't rent a vehicle while visiting T&C simply because they drive on the other side of the road and neither one of us would be comfortable doing so. We didn't venture out from the Allegro last year except to go on a 1/2 day boat trip snorkeling and shelling (which was fabulous!). This year we will probably walk to Coral Gardens to snorkle from Beaches and take another 1/2 day boat trip to snorkle again. Other than that, if we go out at all, we will take a taxi.
Old May 1st, 2003, 05:37 AM

Can you tell me what the half-day snorkel trip is like? I heard it's about $60 pp (there are five of us), so I am wondering if $300 is worth it...we are staying at Beaches. I thought we would just walk down the beach (wonder how far it is) to the Coral HOtel. Do you have any recollection as to what hotels are on either side of Beaches? (I know you stayed at Allegro, but was just wondreing if you knew). Thanks
Old May 1st, 2003, 01:00 PM

Hi Suzsaz - we did a 1/2 day boat trip with Silver Deep. First we were taken to a shallow area where we snorkeled and dove for conch, then to Iguana Island, then snorkeling, then to a deserted beach area - I think it was Fort George?? Anyway, this area was totally uninhabited and fabulous. While we looked for silver dollars our Captain made us the best conch salad. We are definitely going to do something like this on our return trip in June. We've not yet stayed at Beaches but others have told me that Coral Gardens is about a 15 minute walk from Beaches. I'm sorry but I don't know what resorts are on either side of Beaches - hopefully someone else can answer that question for you?? Anyway, I highly recommend the 1/2 day tour. It was one of the best times we've ever had and certainly was the best snorkeling we've ever done.
Old May 4th, 2003, 07:48 AM

We just returned from T&C, we stayed at OCW, but walked to Coral Gardens
for Snorkeling. There are really no
resorts on either side there are condo
buildings. I would stay at the Sands Ocean Clubs or Royal West. Beaches looks like Seaside Heights at the Jersey shore. Crowds !!! Children are welcome at all the other resorts. At the food at some of the Restaurants should not be missed.
Old May 5th, 2003, 09:27 AM

Mels:

Ha-ha!!!! I know Seaside Heights.
My husband is going to kill me. We are Lavallete people.

Anyway, I'm doing this for the kids. I am going to keep my fingers crossed that it won't be that bad in November. I've seriously considered switching to a condo, (I did my air separately)but in the long run, I will only be saving about $1000 and it is probably not worth it because I know that going to Beaches will mean so much to them. My oldest will be off to college in two years, and then the next two will go quickly after that.
Old May 5th, 2003, 04:56 PM

You may be right we were there in April at Easter time ( Lot of Kids ) The kids probably will like it, but if you reconsider the Other resorts did have kids that appeared to be having a lot of fun. However with three kids it all adds up ! We used to go to LBI when we were kids, now we have a house in Avon by the Sea. My daughter went to college with the owners daughter of the Crabs Claw (Lavellete) Thats a fun place for a happy hour.

Enjoy your trip, if you and your husband get out alone try Coco Bistro or Cacois Cafe, both very good.

Old May 6th, 2003, 11:19 AM

When we are "down the shore" we do pizza and stuff for dinner.....I like to save my $ for the big vacations in November (usually Disney World...now T&C) and three-year dream of mine!!!