Search

Feb 2003...where to go

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 04:15 AM
judy

Feb 2003...where to go

Middle aged couple from Michigan looking for an all-inclusive resort for the last week in February. Thinking of St. Marten or Grand Cayman...any thoughts on either? We always like to try new places and haven't been to either. We are open for any other suggestions. Thanks

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 05:54 AM
lisa

Galley Bay, Antigua. . .

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 06:06 AM
Kim

We travel the last week in Feb every year. We will be back at Sandals in Jamaica the last week of feb.Would love to maybe meet up if interested.

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 09:12 AM
Debbie

Hi - check www.hotelmontvernon.com. Only 3 1/2 star but it's ai on Orient Beach and includes 4 days car rental per room per week, 4 dinners off the resort in Grand Case, etc, etc, etc,

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 10:45 AM
Kris

I wouldn't recommend an AI on St. Martin - too many great restaurants. (Actually I would never recommend an AI, but definitely not there!) I'd recommend Guadeloupe or St. Barths over St. Martin, though in February St. Barths would be very expensive. But if you haven't been to either SXM or GC then either would be good as a new experience. Depends a bit what you like to do away from the beach.

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 12:14 PM
Julia

Take Celebrity cruise. It’s the best. We’ve been everywhere including Australia. But if you are thinking of going to Caribbean — cruising is the best.

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 10:59 PM
GM

Don't look any further than Le Sport, St. Lucia. You get the best bang for your buck, including 2x daily spa treatments, 3x daily meals AND High Tea AND all the premium drinks, tips are included also. I cannot recommend St. Martin. Grand Cayman is like going to a beach in the U.S. (i.e., Florida) and very expensive. En route to 7 mile Beach in GC, you pass a Home Depot, that's how Americanized it is. If you REALLY want to try St. Martin, don't stay on the Dutch side, go to the French side, and from there you can take a speed boat over to Anguilla for a day or St. Barts. LeSport is more adult-oriented, and believe me, with all that is offered, can't understand how they stay in business. DO NOT GO TO RENDEZVOUS, a sister resort. La Source in Grenada is like Le Sport, but offers less with the spa treatments. My hubby likes to stay at the main pool in Le Sport (3 pools there) and will raise the little red flag you are given for the waiter to bring another drink; I use his spa treatments. The main pool has a hot tub and this area is right on the beach. Check out Le Sport's website. We are mid 40's also, no kids.