St. Maarten All-Inclusive?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2005, 10:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We like to have our room right on the beach and have everything paid for in advance. Would anyone know of a good all-inclusive in St. Maarten on the French side?

Is there any greater chance of rain in May than January for e.g.?

Thank you in advance,
Nathan
Old May 2nd, 2005, 06:51 AM

Not sure what you are looking for in St. Martin - on the French side. It is more uptight (for lack of a better word) than the Dutch side.

We stayed AI at the Maho Resort but it was on the Dutch side right by the airport.

We really enjoyed the resort and the food was fabulous.

The pool area is great, they have a good beach and also an area of sand that is not right on the water but over looks it with recliners and umbreallas.

Not sure of there rainy season but when we went in December it rained for 15 minutes every day around 3 pm. It was amazing, it was just like clock work. We did not even bother to get off out lounge chairs when the rains came!

Great island to visit!
Old May 2nd, 2005, 08:22 AM
RAB

The only AI on French St. Martin that I know of is Mount Vernon - a nice location but a steep hillside if you aren't in a building close to the beach. On the Dutch side there is also Great Bay. People will recommend against AI on St. Martin/St. Maarten because of all of the restaurant choices available, but that is your choice. The French side is quieter than the Dutch, especially at night, but if anything less uptight than the Dutch - which is very Americanized and very touristy.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 10:46 AM
Original Poster

Many thanks. I've given in to not doing the AI in St. Maarten and given I must book today (I'm out of town for a while after today) am now just wondering if the Alamanda on Orient Beach is the best place to stay without breaking my budget (if I had one).

Old May 9th, 2005, 07:28 AM

We are also planning our first independent travel to St. Martin, having previously done AIs all over the Caribbean. Does anyone have some good tips for first time travelers to St. Martin? We are looking for a great beach and user-friendly island to get around!
Old May 9th, 2005, 08:29 AM
RAB

Check our traveltalkonline.com for more information. It is a very easy island to get around on, although there can be heavy traffic at times. Nice beaches, ranging from very busy and commercialized like the best known, Orient, to quiet and little used ones. Many have beach bars and chair rentals. Most are topless (depending on who is there at the time) and some get some nude use.